The Dark Side Chapter 18

My humming could be heard through out the quiet house as I walked down the long staircase. I was home alone on a Saturday with nothing to do. My pajamas hung loose on my small body as I wandered around the empty house. I walked to the front door and opened it before walking outside to the mailbox. The cold air hit my skin, giving me tiny goosebumps from the chilly air. The mailbox stood across the street as no one was there besides a young teenage boy.

From a distance, he seemed quite tall with semi-wavy hair swooping down in his forehead and had bright blue eyes that glistened in the light. He wore black skinny jeans with a red button up t-shirt clinging to his torso along with a pair of black vans. His tall, lean figure stood near the mail box looking through his mail.

I smiled at the sight of him. He must of been new. I walked across the street in my slippers and pajama shorts to introduce myself to the young lad. I approached him with a small wide smile. He hasn't noticed me until I tapped his shoulder, scaring him by surprise. He dropped his mail onto the wet sidewalk. My eyes widen as I crouched down to his level, on the floor only to have our heads bump each other. We let out a groan in pain before rubbing our heads. "I am so sorry," I said. I helped pick up his mail. "No, no. It is okay. I didn't notice you," he frantically said as he gathered his mail.

We stood up and I handed him his mail. He hasn't looked up at me, yet. He was acting shy and I found it sweet. His cheeks were tinted with red. "Here," I said. "T-thank you," he stuttered. He took his mail from my hands. I smiled. "Are you new?" I asked. He nodded as he avoided eye contact. "What is your name?" I asked. He never looked up or responded. I frowned and let out a small cough. He looked up and his eyes widen. His blue eyes looked back in my eyes. He looked shy and a bit surprise once we made eye contact.

I let out a small chuckle. "Are you going to say something?" I blushed. His cheeks turned a crimson color. He nodded. "I'm new to this neighbor," He said as he pointed to his house. "You're next door to me," I grinned. He chuckled. A small shy chuckle. "I never knew we had new neighbors," I said. "I guess you do now. I think our mums have talked before," he laughed. I laughed along. "I'm sorry about your mail and your head," I blushed.

"It is okay. It happens," he shrugged with a charming smile. "I'm sure hitting heads with someone and dropping their mail happens a lot," I teased. "Of course it does," he joked along. He had a sense of humor yet, he was a very shy teen. It was cute. I smiled and said, "My name is Annabelle. Annabelle Smith." A smile formed across his lips. His eyes were evident with curiosity. "My name is Luke. Luke Collins."

"Well Luke Collins, it was nice getting to know a little bit of you. We should get to know each other more but I better be going. I'm standing in front of you in my pajamas with my hair a mess but it was great meeting you," I smiled. "It was my pleasure," he nodded. Before anything else was said, I turned around and walked back to my house that was across the street. I quickly made my way inside and shut the door behind me. It closed with a loud slam!

I continued making my way back up the stairs to see if I had any miss calls or texts from Harry. As I hurried to my room, I was only filled with disappointment. I haven't received one missed call or text from him and I was surprised to feel a bit hurt by it. Nothing came across my mind why I didn't receive anything so I carried on with my day.

Later on, my parents came home during the afternoon. They told me they would be out tonight leaving me alone. That gave me an advantage to sneak out later and be able to hang out with Ashlyn. I begged and pleaded for her to take me to the bar we went to the first time. She believed it wasn't the best idea to go but finally craved in. Now, we were inside the old, broken down looking bar which had a ton of motorcycles lined up outside but non of them were Harry's. My smile faded away as hope vanished but I continued to force one on.

Tonight was semi-formal night here which meant everyone needed to dress semi-formal, nothing too fancy. I wore a strapless light pink dress with black heals and a black blazer. Ashlyn wore a black dress with red heels. Music was coming from inside and you could already hear the drunk people yelling and laughing. Many other people were arriving or leaving and everyone came or left in groups.

Ashlyn walked off to the side not in the mood tonight but I paid her no attention as I made my way inside, greeting everyone with a smile. Most of the people were polite and greeted back with a smile or a small nod. We continued to make our way towards the bar. It was the same guy who was here the last time. He gave us a polite smile and offered us the first round of drinks on the house. We kindly accepted. Ashlyn flirted up the bartender which I guessed made him give us both drinks on the house. She always had a way of words.

During the night, Ashlyn soon warmed up and let loose. We dance, had some drinks, talked to people, and sat down to speak to one another. I knew I would be in so much trouble but I didn't care. I was having fun and letting loose. That is until jealousy boiled through my veins as I turned around to see the biggest bad boy Harry Styles walking in with a girl hooked to his hip.

A/n: Sorry for the short chapter! I thought everyone would like an update! Next chapter will be longer and a little more intense! Make sure to check out my Instagram and twitter for sneak peeks, update info on stories and such!