The Dark Side Chapter 22

A knock on the front door caught my attention, I could hear the loud bang from upstairs. I quickly walked out of my room and jogged down the stairs. Each step I took let out a smack noise. My parents were already waiting at the bottom of the staircase with curious stares. I stopped on the last step to listen to what they are going to say. "Who is at the door?" My father asked. "A friend who is a boy that is a friend," I said, "I think." "Is it Harry?" My mother asked. I shook my head with a shrug and rolled my eyes at their protectiveness.

I walked past them and opened the door to reveal Luke who stood with an apologetic look and two strangers standing with grins. I looked at the two unknown people with confused glances before looking back at Luke. He shrugged his shoulders and sheepishly smiled.

My parents opened the door wider and took curious glances at the three figures before their faces broke out in smiles. "Who is this, Annabelle?" My mother asked delightfully. Luke reached forward and shook both of my parent's hands and said, "My name is Luke. Luke Collins. I am Annabelle's friend." "And my name is James Walters. The man of jokes and the best friend of Luke here," the man on the left of Luke said. He patted Luke's chest and grinned at my parents who smiled back.

James stood at least five-eleven or no taller than six foot. He had a messy bad-boy look going on with his short dirty blonde hair color pushed back. His eyes were a dark shade of blue. He wore a black leather jacket with dark denim jeans and black boots but he was no where near a punk like Harry. He was free of tattoos and piercings. His smile was absolutely perfect with straight teeth that were white as can be.

My parents stood there looking pleased but that could be because they were relief Harry wasn't standing there (demanding to take me). "My name is Isabelle Hayes who is the smart one out of these dim-wits," she said, with a teasing tone. My father let out a loud laugh which surprised my mother and me.

Isabelle was absolutely stunning and drop dead gorgeous. She had the flawless brown hair with a hint of highlights, her skin was a smooth tan color, and her brown eyes popped out. Her smile was also perfect with straight, white teeth. She didn't have the bad-girl image going on but instead she had the good girl image like myself. She was a short, petite girl who was cute and had an amazing figure. There was no flaw in her.

"Well you all are so wonderful. Have fun Annabelle and stay out as long as you like," my mother said. Surprise struck me like lightening. My father nodded encouraging my mother and all I could do was nod (still in shock). I walked out of the front door and my parents closed the door. "Hello Annabelle. I'm sorry we did a surprise visit with Luke here and we didn't properly introduce. It must be strange that two strangers arrived unannounced. Blame James here," Isabelle said, she pointed at a grinning James.

"Hey gorgeous," he said, his right eye dropped into a cheeky wink. I blushed at his straight forward comment. "Cut it out James," Luke said as well as smacking the back of his head. "Ow... I was only kidding but she is gorgeous," James said. "Knock it off James. You're scaring the poor girl," Isabelle said, sighing in disappointment. "I'm sorry about that. He can be a bit of a cheeky son-of-gun." I giggled and said, "It's okay. It was a nice compliment. Thank you James." "She liked it!" He exclaimed. "Of course you nutshell," Isabelle said. "Every girl would."

"Anyways Annabelle, James decided to bring along Isabelle with me so our night may be ruined," Luke explained. I touched his arm in a kind gesture and said, "It's okay. It will be fun." I gave him an assuring smile and he nodded with small blush.

Our moment was ruined when there was a loud roaring of a motorcycle coming down the street. Their attention (including mine) turned to the noise and we saw a familiar motorcycle drive down the street and park in front of my home. He shut off his bike and pulled his helmet off of his head. His eyes scanned the front porch until they landed on us. He sent me a smirk before swinging his legs off of the bike and stalking over to us.