The Dark Side Chapter 12

He was here. He was standing in front of me. I was relief to see him. I felt lonely with him gone. Now here he was standing in front of my eyes.

"Harry," I gasped. "Annabelle?" He asked in astonishment. He looked around the area before his eyes landed on me. "I need to get going," he whispered. I watched him turn around and walk away. I ran after him and pulled him back. He stopped but didn't turn around to face me.

"Where are you going now?" I asked. My voice was faint and very audible but he still heard. He thought for a moment before he turned around, slowly. He licked his pink, plump lips. His tattoos shone in the light before they were met with darkness. "I'm leaving town Annabelle," he said.

"You can't," I breathed. "I'm no good for you," he said. "I don't care," I shook my head. "I do. I do not want to hurt you. I already did once," he whispered. He looked down at the ground. I placed my hand on his warm cheek and made him look at me. "You can't leave," I said. "I'm sorry Annabelle," he said. He gave my cheek a light kiss before walking away.

I watched him walk away but when he reached the corner I stopped him once again. "If you ever cared for me, meet me on my rooftop tonight at sunset. If you never did care for me, then don't bother showing up," I whispered. He stopped in his step and turned around.

He walked over to me with a frown upon his lips. "Can't you see what I am doing? I'm saving you from the hurt. I do care for you Annabelle. That is why I'm leaving," he said. I walked forward and stood on my toes to reach his eye level. "You are only hurting me by leaving," I said. His face dropped for a moment before anger flashed through his eyes.

"I'm hurting you more by leaving?" He asked. Anger rose inside of him. He walked forward as I walked backwards and hit the wall. My body was pressed up against the brick wall. He walked towards me like a predator stalking his prey. He straighten his shoulder back.

"I'm not what you think Annabelle Smith. I'm dangerous, a monster, no good. I hurt you once and I do not want to do it again. I'm only protecting you. Your parents are right about one thing. Stay away from me," he growled. He glared down at me. I looked up at him. Not with fright but with courage.

"You're not afraid of hurting me Harry. You are afraid of what the out come will be," I said. He bit onto his lip ring and pulled it in between his lips. He was in thought. "Good bye Annabelle," he whispered. He disappeared without another word and I didn't stop him this time.

I ran my fingers through my hair a few times out of frustration. If only he could see how much I cared. Then maybe he could give me a chance to let me in. I want to learn more of his story. All of what he will tell me.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I awaited on the rooftop. Alone. It was still bright out but the sun started setting. I looked out at the sun and let out a sigh. I pulled my knees close to my chest and rested my head on my knees. Words can't express how much I want him here, next to me.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up with a smile on my face only for it to disappear. "I feel so loved," Ashlynn teased. She sat next to me and sent me a warming smile. "What is on your mind?" She asked. "Things," I shrugged. "Let me guess," she started. "Harry." A smile fell upon my lips.

"I don't get what's so special about him," she said. "Everything," I said. "From his eyes to his lips to his tattoos to his personality. Sure he can be rough at times but he has a caring heart," I smiled at the thought of him. "Someone fell hard," she muttered. "I have not," I protested. "Look, with what ever is going through your mind now needs to be thought out. He can't he trusted Annabelle. He is no good for you," she said.