Chapter 4 : Not So Friendly

How many #TeamKacob do we have or should it be #TeamJyla ? Yeah I like #Jyla better.

-------------------------------------------

Kyla's Point Of View

Lunch Period , Chresanto's Table

"I heard you turned my man Jay down. Why ?" Craig asked me as soon as I sat down.

"Excuse me?"

"You said no when he asked you to chill wit'em . Why ?" De'Jah ate some of her food.

"Because I wasn't interested." I shrugged scrunching my eyebrows.

"But-" Craig started until De'Jah cut him off.

"She said she wasn't interested , let it go. And as your new friend Kyla girl I'm happy you ain't say yes." She put her arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah , Jay's my boy and all , but I know how he is when it comes to chicks. He'll be with you for a while and if you don't give it up , he'll drop you in the most disrespectful manner as possible." Chres shrugged drinking his soda.

"But there has to be a reason he's the way he is , right?" I looked around.

"Why does it matter to you? You said you wasn't interested right ?" Craig smirked.

"It's just that plenty of boys have back stories to why they are the way they are." I shrugged.

:: Bell Rings ::

"Well if it is something , I wasn't told nothing about it ." Chres stood up."We just giving you a heads up of what you would have expected ." He shrugged as they all threw away their trash.

I know it isn't any of my business , or my place to be concerned about , but I kind of want to know why he is the way they explain him.

-----

Jacob's Point Of View

Gym Period

"I didn't know you played basketball." I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around to see Kyla walking over to me . I rolled my eyes turning around to shoot again.

"Why you talkin' to me ? I ain't yo' type remember?"

"Yes, I do recall saying that ," She starts" But as your FRIEND-"

"Who said I wanted to be your friend ?"

"Who said you didn't ?"

"Touché." I shrugged shooting the ball and running after it as it came back to the ground.

"As I was saying . As your friend , I've decided I want to get to know you better."

I stopped playing wiping the sweat off my forehead with my shirt.

"What'chu mean?"

"Ugh you're making this really difficult." She groans."Me . I . Kyla . Wants to associate with you out of school ...today."

"Like where?" I smirk.

"An outside place .. where FRIENDS usually hang out." She emphasizes the friends part.

"Hmph , and what makes you think I'm interested ?" I smirk dropping the ball walking up to her.

"I just assumed you'd want to hang out as friends. Buuuut if you don't -" She started to turn around.

"Nah . WAIT! I wanna chill , just give me a time and I'll pick the place."

She turns back to me with a huge grin. " 5:30 , I'll most likely be at Chres's house."