"Oh Canada we stand on gard. For, thee."

I was in class and then I got a text from my mom. It read:
'Honey, you need to get down here as soon as possible. Daddy's gotten worse.
Love you,
Mom.'

My mouth fell open.

"Ms. Greenwood...would you like to make a comment on Canada?" Mr.M asked.

"Um, Mr. Matthews may I speak to you outside. In private?" I asked.

"Sure."

We went outside.

"What's bothering you, Violet?"

"*begins to cry* My fathers in the hospital. I-I think his condition got worse or else my mom wouldn't have texted me." I just sobbed and sobbed and sobbed until he hugged me.

"Violet. It's ok."

"So can I go?"

"Of course you may."

"*wipes tears* Thank you."

I ran home, got my bike and rode as fast as my little legs would allow me to. When I got there I was out of breath.
"I'm here to see Gabriel Greenwood."
I said quickly.

"Ummm, it looks like he's in surgery and won't be out for a couple hours. Please wait here miss." The secretary said. When I turned around....Riley, Maya, Farkle and Lucas (who by the way was holding flowers) were all there.

"*teary eyes* Wha-what are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"Violet, you really think we'd let you face this alone?" Lucas asked.

"*starts to cry and runs hand through hair* *sighs* how'd you know?"

"Matthews told us." Maya said.

"We may have only known you for a little bit but, we're here for you. Always. We're Canada." Farkle said.

"*mutters*Thank you guys." I hugged them all. Lucas gave me the flowers and he hugged me. I sobbed into his shoulder.

"It's ok, it's ok. I'm here now." He said over and over. Suddenly my mom came through the doors.

"Violet." She said.

"Mom!" I said and hugged her.

"Ah! You must be Violets friends! *mutters to violet* which ones Lucas?" My mom said.

"*mutters*mom!" I said.

"That would be me, ma'am." Lucas said and raised his hand.

"Wow. He is cute." Ma said. I blushed.

"Mom this is Riley Maya and Farkle." I said.

"Nice to meet you all!"

"So what's up? Why's dad in the hospital?"

"Honey, they say he has back cancer."

"What?" I fell into the nearest seat and Lucas sat next to me.

"I'm sorry."

"How much-"

"They said a few hours. The surgery couldn't save him." I ran to his room.

"Violet!" I heard Lucas yell. I just kept running. Tears filling my eyes. I walked in slowly.

"Daddy?"

"Violet."

"*hugs him* Daddy I love you!"

"I love you too honey."

Then Lucas came running in.

"Violet! Violet there you are." He said.

"Who's this?" Dad asked.

"*half cries* Daddy this is Lucas, my boyfriend.

"Pleasure to meet you sir." Lucas said.

"As well you." Dad said.

"Lucas?"

"Yes sir?"

"I give you permission."

"Permission for what, sir?"

"Permission for my daughter. I have gut feelings and this is one. Just, take good care of my daughter, all right son?"

"Yes sir. That means a lot to me." Lucas started tearing up. I leaned on his chest.

"Sweetie,"

"Yes daddy."

"I have something for you."

"What is it?"

"It's a letter."

"A letter?"

"Yes. So that when I'm gone...you'll have something to remember me by."

"*cries* thank you daddy."

Riley Maya Farkle and my mom came in.

"Dad these are my friends Riley Maya and Farkle."

"Ah, so HES the Farkle."

"Yes sir." Farkle responded.

We talked and then we started to all cry. He gave me his shark tooth necklace and he gave Lucas a cowboy hat. Finally he gave mom a necklace that she had always wanted. "I love you. I love you all." He said. Then I heard a beeping noise.

"What's going on?" I said.

"I turned around and saw nurses pushing on my dads chest. I knew exactly what was going on.

"No! Daddy!" I screamed. Then I started to cry. He was gone. Lucas hugged me. He walked me home. We went into my house. We fell asleep very soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N So it was Violet's dad who died. Who knew? Oh wait ME! Sorry if that was obnoxious.
Caio for now my peeps!