Hell On Wheels

"Hi. I was calling to tell you...I will go on that date with you..."

I woke up one Tuesday morning. Mom didn't know I was awake, so I wanted to surprise her. I snuck ever so quietly in the hall, when I heard something. Something that changed my life forever.

My mom was on the phone...with a man...

*****
I walked to the park after school. I was sitting on the park bench, when this cute guy came up to me. He had brown hair, hazel eyes, freckles, and was tall.

"Hi," He said, sitting next to me.

"Hey," I replied.

"This seat taken?"

"Not for you,"

"You're into me. I like that. Do you wanna go out on a date with me?"

"Oh. Uh, this is a misunderstanding. I'm not ready to date right now. I have a...strange relationship with my boyfriend. Plus, I don't even know your name!"

"Carlos. It's Carlos Garza,"

"Well, Carlos, I don't know..."

"Come on! At least think about it!"

"Fine."

"Alright. You know where to find me..."

"Violet. My name's Violet Greenwood,"

"I'll wait Violet. As long as it takes,"

                                 *****

"Honey, we need to talk," Ma said.

"Alright," I replied.

"If Lucas is going to stay in the hospital for the next 6 months, we should put you in school for a while,"

"Ok. Which one?"

Ma sat there silently.

"I'm sorry. It's the only one near here,"

"No. Ma you don't mean-"

"Yes. Broadway Intermediate,"

I got up, and went to my room as I cried. I also took one of my pills. I never thought, in a million years, I'd go back to that living hell and on that hell  on wheels.

My phone rang.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey Violet. It's me, Riley," Riley replied.

"Hey. Oh, my mom says I'm going to go to school here; you gonna go too?"

"Your old school?! Sure! I'll support you!"

I smiled.

"Thanks. I'll text you the address,"

"No problem. Ok. I'll see you at school, I guess,"

"Alright. Bye,"

"Bye,"

Then, I got a phone call from an unknown number. Of course I answered it!

"Hello," I answered.

"Violet! Violet is that you?" I heard a girl's voice say. She sounded scared.

"Maya?!?"

"Yeah,"

"You have some nerve calling me! What do you want?"

"Violet! Someone came by and threatened Lucas and I. You gotta help us!"

"No. Like I'd help the girl who back stabbed me,"

"He threatened you too,"

"Oh yeah right,"

"He did! Please come down to the hospital! Lucas is freaked out!"

"No,"

"Please! He needs you!"

"If that were true, he wouldn't have chosen you!"

I hung up the phone and threw it across the room. When I was diagnosed with my 'condition', I learned that I should get life proof everything, including phone cases. They made them for people like me.

Lucas, needing me? Yeah right. In my dreams. Well, not even really.

                            *****
Early that morning...

"Hi. I was calling to tell you... I will go on that date with you..." Ma said.
She hung up the phone and turned around. I stood in utter shock. She saw me.

"H-How could you," I asked.

"Violet! I didn't mean for you to find out this way!" She responded.

"Really? Don't you think that after the whole 'Lucas' thing, I didn't deserve at the very least a conversation about this before you called him?!?"

"I'm sorry,"

"What's his name?"

"Rick. He has twin kids about your age,"

"What're their names?"

"Chase and Shay,"

"Ages?"

"15,"

"Will they be going to the same school as me?"

"Yes,"

I walked off to my room, and got ready for what I might face during the day.

Congratulations to @MystreetLover123456 for winning my contest! The character Shay belongs to them, so go show 'em some love for participating!

This was the last chapter! We will pick up in the sequel! It's called:

               Texan Love: Love Hurts

Chaio for now!
-💋

BTW follow my dear friend Mokvon and his othet account RichardArreola