Can I Have This Dance?

I woke up slowly.
"Morning beautiful." Lucas said.
"Morning." I said quietly.
"You hungry?"
"No."
"Babe, you gotta eat something."
"Well, fine I'll eat toast. Happy?" I grabbed toast and jammed it into my mouth. Then I started to cry.
"Oh Violet don't cry.." Lucas started to say. Then I saw a note on my door.
'Honey, I need to prepare for daddy's funeral. I'm in a hotel in Texas. Lucas can stay with you. It's already been arranged.
Love you,
Mom' It read.
"You know about this, Lucas?" I asked.
"Yeah." He replied.
"*sighs* well it's Saturday, what do you wanna do?"
"I dunno we could watch a movie?"
"Sure. What do you wanna watch?"
"How about....Star Wars?"
"Sure! I've been wanting to see those movies." And so we did. We watched every single one. When we were done, it was already night.
"*yawns* I'm tired. Time for bed."
~~~~~~Time skip to Monday in SS~~~~~
"Troy.." Mr.M said.
"Troy?! As in, High School Musical Troy?!" Riley asked excitedly.
"No, honey. Troy was a country, but it ceased to exist after....Violet, are you paying attention?"
"*puts paper down* Huh? Oh yes Mr.Matthews." I said. I haven't really had much privacy to read the letter dad gave me. But here's what it says:
'Dear Violet,
If your reading this, then I have died. I want you to know I love you with all my heart. I remember, the day we found out we were having you, I was so excited. I couldn't wait to be a father. When you were born, you were beautiful. As beautiful as my favorite flower; violets. Your beauty only grew as you aged. Here now at 13, I see you have grown up. I will miss you. Just always know, I'll be looking down at you. Protecting you, and guiding you through the most important days of your life. I love you.
Love,
Daddy'
"Miss Greenwood, may I see the paper you are reading?" Mr. M asked. I gave it to him and I saw him skim over it.
"I'm sorry Miss Greenwood. I should've known better than to assume you were reading a note. If you wish to be excused, you may." He said. And so I did. I went to the bathroom and didn't come back for a very long time.
~~~~~~~~~Time skip to @ home~~~~~~~~~
I finished my homework and everything. I was watching TV when Lucas came in.
"Hey. Where've you been?" I asked.
"At the grocery store. Care to help me?" He asked pointing to the bags in his hands. He said he would cook for me and, he's a good cook. Then after dinner, I got a text from my mom. Saying that I needed to call her. So I did.
~~~~~~~~~~~On the phone~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hello?"
"Hey mom."
"Oh hello Violet. How are you?"
"Good and you?"
"Good as well. Listen honey. Tomorrow you should receive two tickets for Texas. One for you and one for Lucas. The dates are for next week."
"Oh ok mom."
"That's all I needed to tell you."
"Oh ok goodnight."
"Goodnight. See you next week."
~~~~~~~~~End of phone call~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So?" Lucas asked.
"So looks like we're going to Texas next week." I said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Next day~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was in social studies, when someone came in the door.
"Hey y'all! Someone in here is gonna be very excited to see me." He said.
"ZAY?!?" I asked.
"Violet?"
"What are you doing here Zay?" Lucas asked.
"My dad got transferred. Speaking of which, how's your old man, Violet?"
I slouched in my seat.
"I don't wanna talk about it."
"What? Y'all get into a fight or somethin?"
"HE DIED, ZAY!!"
"Oh. I'm so sorry. My condolences."
Lucas moved the seat behind Farkle right next to me since my father died. Zay handed Mr. Matthews his transfer slip.
"Hey check out them grades. I'll sing me to you; D,D,D,D,F." Zay sang.
"Hey I know that song." Maya said. Zay sat behind me.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~@Home~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"OW!" I screamed in pain as I hit my foot on a bench near my apartment.
"Ooh are you okay?" Lucas asked.
"No!"
"Well then...." He picked me up. HE PICKED ME UP. BRIDAL STYLE.
"Here we are m'lady." He said in an accent.
"Why thank you kind gentleman."
He put on a song from one of my favorite movies. And we started waltzing. I soon recognized it and started dancing.  (U can skip to the bottom there's the video there these are just lyrics)
••••••••Singing••••••••••
[V=Violet L=Lucas B=Both]
("Lucas you know this song?")
("Well, I know you, don't I?")
V-" Take my hand, take a breath. Pull me close, and take one step. Keep your eyes, locked on mine. And let the music be your guide."
L-" Won't you promise me"
V-"Now won't you promise me. That you'll never forget..."
L-"Well keep dancing."
V-"To keep dancing."
B-"Wherever we go next? It's like catching light in the chances you find its the one like you. It's one in a million the chance is a feeling the way, we do. And with every, step together, we just keep on, getting better."
V-" So can I have this dance?"
L-" Can I have this dance?"
B-" Can I have this dance?"
L-" Take my hand, I'll take the lead. And every turn, we'll be safe with me. Don't be afraid, afraid to fall. You know I'll catch you, through it all. And you can't keep."
V-"Even a thousand miles can't keep us apart."
L-" Cause my heart."
V-" Cause my heart is."
B-"Wherever you are.It's like catching light in the chances you find its the one like you. It's one in a million the chance is a feeling the way, we do. And with every, step together, we just keep on, getting better."
V-"So can I have this dance?"
L-" Can I have this dance?"
B-" Can I have this dance?"
V-"Oh, no mountains to high and no."
B-"Oceans too wide. Cause together or not, our dance won't stop. Let it rain, let it pour what we have is worth fighting for. You know I believe, that we were meant to be, yeah. It's like catching light in the chances you find its the one like you.(V- "Like, you.") It's one in a million the chance is a feeling the way, we do. And with every, step together, we just keep on, getting better."
V-" So can I have this dance?"
L-" Can I have this dance."
B-"Can I have this, dance. Can I have this, dance?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
We looked into each other's eyes. Then we kissed.