1. Kicked Out

Maya's P.O.V

"Miss Hart, talk one more time and you will be out!" Mr Mathews warned. I rolled my eyes and fake yawned letting out a loud groan.
"Out of my class. I've had enough of you." He points to the door.

"Fine. Like I wanted to be here anyway." I snap and walk out, making sure I take my time. Once I'm out the door, I slam it shut behind me.

I sat on the bench outside my classroom and just waited till the bell went. This was like a normal routine, get kicked out of Matthew's class then I don't return. I don't mean to fail these classes or be rude to the teacher, it's a force of habit.

"Hart. Sent out again?" A voice said in front of me. I rose my head and was met by non other than the famous Lucas Friar.

"It's just routine, Friar." I laugh. He smirks and rolls his eyes.
"What are you doing here anyway?" I ask, standing up and facing him.

"Got my basketball practice. Oh did you get your mock exam results yesterday?" He asks and I grinned.

"Yep, I hid them."

"Where?" He laughed.

"The one place they'd never look, my underwear drawer." I winked and a glint of lust was visible in Lucas' eyes until he closed them and shook his head.

"What would happen if they found out?" He asks, raising a brow.

"Kick me out. They've had enough of my bullshit. They've told me before. If you don't get good grades whether it's mocks or the real thing, you are out of this house." I mock my mother's voice.

"That's rough. Well, if that ever happens. I have a spare room available at mine. You know where to find me." He winks. He walks off but stops in his tracks and looks at me.
"You got music practice at lunch right?" He asks and I nod.
"I'll be there..." He smiled then walked away.

I watch as he turns the corner with Zay, Josh and Farkle who were waiting for him.

Let me get you caught up with mine and Friar's deal.

We met in detention. He kept throwing pens or rubbers or whatever else he could find at me and within the first minute of constantly being hit I turned around and threw the first thing I could find at his head. Don't ask me what it was coz I don't remember. What I do remember is that it hit him on the forehead and left a mark for a week.

After that he kept quiet and didn't do anything. I kept getting detention and so did he, we were in the same room and never said anything to each other until he cracked.

* Flashback *

I was sat in my normal spot next to the window in the middle and Lucas, the school's player and basketball captain was sat in the middle of the back row.

I did my normal thing and watched the clock as we had started our 30 minute detention. Other times I'd have homework and I'd do that but today I had non.

About 5 minutes past and the teacher got out of his seat.

"I'll be back. Don't move." He warned and walked out, locking the door behind him. Well that's dangerous what if there's a fire?

I buried my face in my hands and took a deep breath in and out. Just 25 minutes left till I can go home and get in trouble again for something I never did.