9. Smiles and Drawings

Maya's P.O.V

The next morning, I felt a sense of peace, it was the happiest of mornings that I've had in a while. I opened my eyes just a crack and seen Lucas still fast asleep with an arm locked around me. I smiled as I felt warm and secure.

I observed his perfect features; his perfectly clear and tanned skin, soft lips, his lashes, his bed hair that was spiked everywhere but looked hot, and finally, his perfectly structured arm that was wrapped around me. This man had to have been carved by god himself.

I wanted to badly, put my hand on his chest and feel his body, just to see what my touch could do. I resisted. I don't want him to wake up, nor do I want him to get uncomfortable.

I closed my eyes again and waited for Lucas to wake up. But instead, I ended up falling back to sleep.

* Later that afternoon *

Lucas' P.O.V

I was in the dining area with Maya. I was going through some paper work my dad wanted me to look through and Maya was drawing. We had the radio on and Smile by R5 was playing.

Just listening to the lyrics made me think about Maya.

# I dream on, dream about you
What can I do to make you feel all right?
Baby I don't want to see you cry, no
I want to see you smile
I want to see you smile #

I look up at Maya and just wished that I could see her smile, I haven't seen her smile in a while and I'm missing it.

# Today I feel like blowing all my cash on you
I'd buy you anything until I'm broke (until I'm broke)
Today I want to turn your skies from gray to blue
And if it rains on you I'll be your coat whoa oh oh
I dream on, dream about you
What can I do to make you feel all right?
Baby, I don't want to see you cry, no
I want to see you smile
I want to see you smile #

I got up from my seat and went in the kitchen. I quickly made some pancakes and put a smile on the top one. I took it to the dining table and sat it in front of Maya.

She looked up from her drawing and looked at me.

"What's this for?" She asked, forcing a smile.

"I thought I'd cheer you up. I hate seeing you upset like this. I want my Maya back." I sat down next to her and seen the heart break written on her face even though she tries to hide it.

"Thank you, Huckleberry." She smiles and I let out a little laugh as she took a bite.

"What did you just call me?" I asked.

"Huckleberry." She answered.

"And what does that mean?" I asked, looking at her beautiful blue eyes.

"You'll figure it out." She giggled and went back to her drawing.

"What are you drawing?" I asked as she picked up a paint brush and dipped it in water.

"A picture." She said in a duh tone and I laughed.

"Duh, what is it of?" I asked.

"Buildings." She answered and my smile faltered a little.

"Why buildings?" I asked, a little curious. I pulled the book a little towards me and looked at her drawings. I flicked through her books before I came across one that was of us.

 I flicked through her books before I came across one that was of us

It was simple yet spoke a million words. It defined how Maya and I were, we cared for each other, we made each other smile, we live together and we are ourselves, and no matter who we go to we always end up back together.

"Maya, this is amazing, simple but amazing." I complemented and she smiled with a blush, the first time today, a genuine smile.
"Is Maya blushing!?" I gasped fake dramatically.

"Ha! No, I just... No one has ever complemented my work and for you to be the first is important to me. You understood my art and not many people get it. Like with my buildings... I find the buildings interesting, all the building have a different story either historic or new, they're either apartments or businesses. But they're filled with different people, they all have issues but put a smile on to hide it. I manage to capture the moods of buildings perfectly when I just sit on my own with the sound of the city and have a view of buildings in front of me. It's moments like that, that take me to another place and allows me to shut everything down and just relax with my art." Maya explains as a fascinated smile appears on her face after each sentence. She looked at me and had the sweetest smile, I was lost in her eyes and every word she spoke stuck to me like glue.

Without thinking, I leaned forward and kissed her soft lips.

Maya was frozen but kissed back, she deepened the kiss and slowly pulled back.

"Why did you do that?" She whispered. Her hands were on my cheeks, looking me in the eyes as if she was looking for answers.

Do I tell her that it's because I love her? Shall I say I was just caught up in the moment?

"I'm sorry... I was erm-" I got cut off by Maya pressing her lips to mine. I kissed back with no hesitation and deepened the kiss. Her lips were soft and felt so good against mine. My body felt tingly as we shared a moment but it didn't last long. We pulled away slightly and I smiled. She smiled back and let out a little laugh.

"That was... Something..." I said and she looked me in the eyes with the most adorable smile.

"It was." She looked down as she bit her lip.

*knock knock knock*

"Who could that be?" I asked, looking at the door.

"I'll go check it out." Maya said and stood up. She walked over to the door and opened it. Once she seen who it was she slammed the door in their face. Who was it?

Vote and comment.

Here's a new chapter.

SasMaster145 x