8. Flashbacks and Comfort

Maya's P.O.V

Seeing his face after so long brought back the painful memories of when he'd kiss other girls in front of me. The way he shut me down when he had enough of me. The way he'd use me even though that's what our deal meant. I can't deal with him knowing my pain because it will make me look weak and I'm not weak. I'm strong, I don't need him or anyone.

"Maya, I can't believed after so long I'm seeing you again." He says and checks me out. His arms were on either side of my head, dominating my space.

"Move." I said bitterly and his expression changed.

"What, so you can run off and I'll never see you again? You don't know how long I've wanted to explain what happen that day you left." He said, the smell of alcohol was strong as he slurred his words.

I couldn't find the words to speak so I tried to push him off me but he wouldn't budge.

"Get off me!" I snapped and he looked at me weirdly.

"Why are you acting like this?" He says and I shoved past him.

He grabbed my hand and tried to pull me closer to him but I resisted and tried to get my hand out of his grip.

"Let go!" I yelled and punch his nose.

"What the fuck, again!?" He yelled and held on tighter.

"She said let go!" A raged voice said behind Xandar and he turned around.

"Mind your business Ken Doll." Xandar warns and turns back around.

A hand goes on Xandar's shoulder and pulls him back so he turns around, with one right hook, Lucas knocked him down. He grabbed my arm and pulled me close to him.

"You alright? What did he do? Did he touch you?" He asked, checking me over and then holding my face to make sure I'm okay.

Not knowing what to do or listen to what he was saying, I walked out the club despite Lucas calling me back.

I got outside the club and held onto the wall, breathing heavily as the memories painfully burned my brain. The tears started rolling down my cheeks and I leaned against the wall.

"Maya!" Lucas called out and came to support me. Holding me close to him as I cried.

"He can't come back. He's dead. All the memories and the past is all dead. How has he come back." I cried, the pain was too much.

"Sshhhh, it's okay. I'm here now. I'll always be here." He soothes as I cry.

He helped me to the car and we headed home.

It felt like hours until we got home but as soon as we did, I shut the door and rested my back against it. I cried my eyes out and slid down it.

"Maya!" Lucas panicked and ran to me. He crouched down and put his arms around me.

"He can't come back." I cried. "I have tried so hard to forget about him. He's just a memory. No. He can't come back." I mumbled as I cried. The pain of what I went through when he told me that I was nothing but a toy to him, despite him saying all that I still loved him. But when he fucked another bitch and called me over just so I could catch him, I knew I had to leave and start again. My relationship was ruined with him. He ruined me and that's why I'm the cold hearted bitch today. I wish I had the balls that day to stab that bitch and him, it would have given me so much closure.

"I promise you, Maya. I will not let him come near you again. You have my word." Lucas says, his voice serious as he comforted me in his arms.

"It hurts to see his face again. I can't bare it." I say and look at Lucas. His face was full of pain as he watched my distressed state.