12. Anger Release

A/N: This chapter was supposed to be before the 'That Should Be Me' chapter... Apologies x

* Two month later *

Two months went by with Maya and Xander being in and out of the house, showing each other love and affection, as if shoving their 'relationship', if that's what you can call it, in Lucas' face. He was beginning to feel that Maya didn't even care about Lucas anymore, their movie nights get spoiled by Xander all the time, it's as if he knows when to go over to theirs. Ever since the disturbance of Xander, Maya and Lucas' tension had become stronger as each time they'd catch each other in the shower by 'accident', both of them leave their doors unlocked, they leave their bedroom door's slightly open just hoping they'd get a glimpse of each other when working out, doing yoga or getting changed. The only thing in their way was Xander.

Lucas' P.O.V

Punch after punch I could hear Maya and Xander flirting, laughing and kissing. Images of them hugging and being all loved up flashed through my head. The very thought of them angered me even more. I punched the bag hard and harder, I must've been so out of it that I didn't hear Maya walk in. Once I noticed her I ignored her and carried on.

"Lucas!" She called and I carried on. I punched the bag one more time and she caught the bag, stumbling back a little.

"What!?" I asked, annoyed.

"What has been up with you lately? I'm sick and tired of you snapping at me all the time. What have I done that's pissed you off so much?" She asked and put the bag straight.

"Nothing, now can you leave?" I snapped again and mentally slapped myself.

"No. Not until you tell me what's got up your ass." Maya rolls her eyes.

"You have! I'm sick and tired of that stupid boyfriend of yours constantly being here. Do I mean that little to you that you allow him to just turn up whenever he wants when we're in the middle of our movie night or dinner?" I snapped and I seen her face fall.

"Lucas, he's my boyfriend of course he's going to be here. You're acting like a jealous person right now and I don't even know why." She snaps back and I realize her words and look away. Of course I'm jealous, that should be me she's holding, kissing, loving and having late night talks with not that son of bitch that's no good for her.

I punched the bag again and again, ignoring what Maya just said because I know she's right.

"Look..." She starts again, a lot calmer this time. She grabs my towel and stands in front of me, dabbing the sweat off my body as she speaks.
"I understand where you're coming from with Xander just showing up whenever he feels like it. It annoys me too to be honest. So to make you feel better I'm going to tell him to call if he wants to come over. At least then I can tell him not to come over while we enjoy our movie night." Maya says with a slight smile as she wipes my chest.

I watch intensely as she wiped me down. My breathing was heavy but not only from the workout but the fact that she's touching me, her touch makes my heart race.

I grabbed her hand and she looks up at me. I held on to her hand and just look at her beautiful blue eyes.

"Do you really like him?" I asked and she looks at me with a questionable look.