6. Problem Solved and the Sound of an Angel

Lucas' P.O.V

* 3 days later *

"Hey Lucas, are you going out today at some point?" Maya asked, standing at the doorway of my bedroom.

"I'm not sure. Why? Do you want me to?" I asked, looking up from my intense game of COD.

"If you don't mind. I wanna practice and you know the whole 'I can't sing in front of people' thing." She says shyly and I smile.

"Sure, I'll go. I'll leave in an hour, yeah?" I confirm and she smiles.

"Thank you." She finally says then walks to her room. I got back to my game and started thinking about what she would actually sound like singing.

And then it struck.

Why don't I pretend to go out, I'll hide somewhere in the apartment, she'll be able to sing then and I'll get to hear her. Yes! That's exactly what I'm ganna do.

I played a few more games then decided to 'head out'.

"Maya! I'm leaving. If you need anything just give me a call." I say while putting my phone on silent.

"Okay!" She calls back and I reached the front door. I opened it and slammed it shut so she knew I had left. I hid behind the dining table because I knew she wouldn't be able to see me from there.

 I hid behind the dining table because I knew she wouldn't be able to see me from there

I looked up a little bit and watched Maya's doorway. I seen her shadow walk up to the door before I finally seen her. She checked the living room, she walked down the hallway maybe to check my room then she returned to the living room.
"Lucas!?" She called and I didn't answer.
She smiled and ran back to her room. Within seconds I heard a piano playing.

I moved from where I was and got a little closer, I hid behind the sofa and waited for her to sing.

She finally began to sing and I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

(Sabrina Carpenter - Shadows)

"We all got nightmares in our dreams
We look for someone to believe in us
And show us the way
And make it okay
The world can be dangerous

There's something so rare in your veins
Not a single thing I would change
And oh, if you only knew
How I see you
Would you come alive again
Alive again

I, I need you to understand
I don't mind your shadows
'Cause they disappear in the light
I don't mind your shadows
'Cause they look a lot like mine
And listen to me
It's okay to be afraid
Just walk like you're never alone
I don't mind your shadows
Your shadows, baby I don't