11. The Truth and Jealousy

* One week later *

Maya's P.O.V

Two days after I saw him again, he never came to the apartment again. I was happy, until I went for a run the next week. I accidentally ran into someone and made them drop their things. I immediately helped them pick their stuff up.

* Flashback *

"I'm sorry, I should look where I'm going!" I gasped and stood back up with the bunch of flowers the guy had dropped.

"They were actually for you..." The guy answered and I finally looked at his face. My eyes grew wide and I gave the flowers back to him and started walking off, sticking earphones in my ears. He had caught up to me and stopped me with a hand on my arm.

"Will you please give me 5 minutes? That's all I need, please." He begged and I huffed.

"Fine." I followed him to the nearest bench and we sat down.

"I don't want to argue or for you to forgive me straight away. I want us to work, I want us to be together again, like how we used to be. I know that it's not going to happen until I explain myself." He paused and I didn't say anything.
"So from the beginning, my dad used to work for Danny for at least 10 years, one day a drug exchange went wrong and my dad was held accountable. I was only eight when this happened by the way. Anyway, Danny clipped him and my mother found out the next morning what had happened and Danny said it was a job gone wrong and he got caught in the gunfire. I knew what had really happened because Bucky, Danny's bodyguard who also happened to be an undercover cop seen and knew everything. From that day on I swore that I would hunt him down wherever he went and would get justice for my dad. I got into his gang when I bumped into Danny, who I called D, when I was in a store buying some things for my mom and there was a robbery, I tried to help the guy but they put a gun up to me and I panicked and swore that I never seen anything and I was minding my own business. He took that opportunity to scare me into doing whatever he wanted. And I did when I knew who he was, few weeks later I found out Nicole was his daughter. Her dad treasures Nicole so whatever she asked for she got. She asked him if she could tag along to one of my jobs and she drove. Instead of going to the address, she went to a hotel instead and said that Simon, the guy we had to meet, was located in a new location. So we went up and no one was there, before I could even walk out she pounced on me. I pushed her off me and she laughed. She said if I don't do what she says or wants then she's going to tell Danny who I really am and why I am there. I couldn't risk it all, I was so close to getting my dad's justice so I went through with it. I don't know how but she knew about us and she said I had to end it with you and that day you caught us, she planned it. I didn't know you were coming over, it was all her. I would never have thought of hurting you, I know it was wrong, I was wrong and I want to make it up to you because I know I broke your heart. Seeing your face broke my heart too and I know I can never fix that." He explained.

"How do I know you're not lying to me?" I asked, keeping an emotionless face.

"If you want we can go and meet Bucky right now and he will tell you everything. He knew everything that was going on, including Nicole." He answered.

"Fine, let's go!" I said, if he is really telling the truth then he won't have a problem with going to meet this Bucky.

"Alright then." He said and motioned me to follow him. We got in his car and I made sure I was ready to punch his lights out if he tried anything dodgy.

We reached the police station and went in. Xander walked up to the desk and asked for Bucky Dixon. We waited for five minutes before he came out and greeted Xander. He was tall, had tan skin, his black police uniform and his hair... He had that silver fox thing going on, I'd be lying if I said he wasn't hot for his age.