1

It had been months. I don't think anyone has ever waited this long in this type of place. Especially for something as simple and small as this.

I have not been interviewed or even considered once. No one wants to even think about it.

There's only one reason someone doesn't get adopted in a place like this.

Age.

You're either too young or too old.

If you, such a fine being as yourself had to guess, you would probably say it.

Too old.

16 to be exact.

I've been in this adoption centre for 3 years. A lot less then others. But still quite some time.

I didn't think it was possible to be completely honest. There was never a shred of hope in me. To be completely honest I was hoping it would never happen. Adulthood then freedom at last.

Either that or the sweet release of death.

But just because I don't want it to happen doesn't mean I don't get sad when no one even bothers to look my way.

It honestly sucks being the girl everyone pity's.

They all know.

'She will never get adopted. Poor thing.'

And I knew it from day one. My fucked up parents deciding that they didn't have anymore time for me. They kept me for thirteen years but after that they couldn't tough it out.

They couldn't tough it out for five more years.

That's when you know you're worthless.

A waste of oxygen

I didn't want it to end up this way. But I guess that cliche saying that my drugged up mother would say every time before she went to hit me, usually around the time I would say something stupid, was surprisingly correct.

Be careful what you wish for.

I deserved it though. The beating that is. I was always a rebellious child. Doing the opposite of what my mother said just to see the look on her drunk face before she took out the belt.

This is all besides the point though.

"Jessica. Get your pale ass in here." I heard a raspy voice shout down the small corridor to my room I shared with nothing but empty space and broken childhood dreams.

I stood up slowly and pulled my jeans up just a little bit higher then usual. Just in case.

It was honestly heartbreaking. I knew it was no use but it has turned into a habit.

"What's it this time." I turned the corner and pulled the sleeves down on my hoodie. It was an old black hoodie with the most outdated possible logo on it representing the channel Markiplier.

I always got asked what it means. I just say it was cool. Easier then explaining my obsession with a person on the internet that made commentary on videogames.