5

I woke up to the sound of light snoring. I looked up to see the bare chest of Matt. I assessed the situation. I was in his arms, snuggled into his chest. It was 4 am.

"Matt?" I looked up, he moved a little bit. I felt the warmness of his chest radiate onto my body only the thin shirt I wore In between us.

"Mathew." I placed my lips against his chest and kissed him lightly. He was gorgeous. The way he laid on his side. I looked up as his eyes fluttered open.

"Jess?" He looked down and me. I left my lips on his chest, not wanting to move them. I looked up at him smiling. He looked down confused.

"Feel better?" I ran my hand up and down his chest in a relaxing way. He nodded slowly. I felt him shake a bit, as goose bumps appeared where my hand left. He leaned down and kissed my forehead lightly. An overwhelming want to cry rushed over me.

"Want to go get some food?" I smiled and he nodded, letting go of me. The warm feeling I felt was replaced by a cold, lonely, and empty one. I felt a strong sadness.

"Is Ryan here?" He stood up and walked to the door. He looked around and shook his head. "Then I don't have to put a shirt on. He will get angry." He chuckled lightly, a tinge of sadness in his voice. His morning voice was raspy, either from the crying or from sleep.

We sat in silence as we ate, my mind would not stop running.

Why did he go to me? Shouldn't he have gone to Ryan? Why was he in bed with me? Shouldn't I have moved? Why did he say he loved me? Did he really mean it?  Why did I say I love him back? Did he mean it the same way as I did? Did I love him?

Should I kiss him?

"Want to lay down and watch some YouTube?" He busses his dish. I got up to take mine but he did it for me with a small smile.

"Whatever you want to do Matt." I smiled back and stood up. He lead me back to bed and he grabbed his laptop, opening YouTube. He got in bed and I laid down next to him. He started a video by him because quite frankly I've fallen behind with the recent events so we watched.

Around the 3rd video in, he snaked his arm around me and pulled me closer. I pressed my lips to the centre of his chest again.

There's that feeling.

I heard the main door open and Matt groaned. I fell adrift listing to his heartbeat. I wanted to kiss him.

"Hey Jess." He looked down I looked up at him.

I felt him snake his other arm around me and pull me Into his side.

"Matt?" I whispered, my voice shaky. He looked down at me and I moved my face closer to his. Our eyes locked and he moved his face to mine. Out lips were inches apart.

"J-Jess?" His pupils went larger then normal and I pressed my lips to his. Sparks flew as our lips moved in sync. I pulled back gasping for air.

"Jess I-" he stuttered. I shook my head.

"Goodnight Matt." I put my head down. I felt his muscles stiffen. I drifted off.

Matt POV

Fuck. She was stunning in the baggy shirt. Her red hair fell behind her head. Wanted to kiss her again. She was amazing.

"I love you Matt." She whispered. I chuckled quietly. Did she love me?

"I love you too Jess." I said, my heart fluttering. I did.

Fuck. She would never feel the same and k owing that made me tense up.

"Happy birthday babe." I said as she slept.

With that, I fell asleep again.

Jess POV

"Happy birthday Jess!" I heard a deep voice run through the house. Shortly after I heard Mark and Ryan conversing outside.

I forgot. Today's my birthday.

"Rise and Shine Jess!" An Irish accent boomed through the house. Mark was never good at accents. I watched as Matts eyes fluttered open.

In seconds, the door to Matts bedroom swung open and I gasped. This looked bad.

"What's going on here!" Mark shouted, slightly amused. I turned around, my back pressed to his stomach. I felt him shift a bit.

"Mark? It's not what it looks like. We were watching YouTube and fell asleep by accident." Matt spat out quickly. I giggled and pushed back onto him. He was warm.

"Whatever. We have more important things today. Like Jessica turning seventeen!" Mark danced around making me giggle

"I totally forgot." I face palmed and Matt stiffened. Matt pulled the covers down. Bit revealing his bare chest. I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"Damnit Matt? Why are you shirtless?" Ryan walked through the door of the bedroom. I blushed. Ryan sat down on the edge of the bed and hugged me

"Happy Birthday." He kissed my forehead before getting up and leaving the room.

"It was hot." Matt shrugged, letting go of me and sitting up. I felt that cold feeling again.

"Well we have a present for you." Mark chimed in. I looked at him and tilted my head before he smirked. I saw a hand pop out from behind Mark, waving. Mark walked into the room and sat next to me on the bed. He threw his arm around me and I smiled.

"Hey there Jess." I herd the Irish accent again. It wasn't Mark? Maybe ryan. 

Three more hands popped up waved, making me screech.

"Who else is here?" I looked at Mark with wide eyes. He smirked.

"Sexy Irish man in the house." The Irish voice said. I saw a head full of green hair then a face that made me feel dizzy.

"Happy birthday Jessica. Nice to finally meet you." He came into full view and Ryan laughed behind him at my facial expression.

"Holy shit! Sean!" I stood up and hugged him. His embrace felt different then I expected. Fatherly.

"Mark decided to fly me out for your birthday." He smiled against my neck. I inhaled deeply. He smelt like mint. We both pulled back

"Sorry I'm not decent." I gestured at my state. I was wearing one of Ryan's shirts and Boxers. He chuckled nodding.

"No big deal sweetheart. Just relax. You're seventeen!" His thick accent made my heart melt with every word. I still couldn't believe he was right there.

"Thank you so much dad." I jumped over to where he sat and hugged him. I felt his chest shake as he chuckled.

"It's no problem baby. The best for the best." He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Now what do you want to do on your birthday?" Jack looked at me. I smiled, an idea popping into my head.

"Let's go shopping."