2

I slowly got into the passenger seat of his car, nervous as all hell.

"Jessica. I am going to tell you one thing that I need you to remember. I would have not adopted you if I did not want you so please don't be nervous and weary. I want you to be yourself and that's the most important part." His hand rested on the wheel. The hum of the engine mixed with his soft voice made my heart beat regulate. He was so sweet.

"Would it be weird if I..." I started but stopped, answering my own question. I was dumb.

"What was that, love?" He turned out of the parking lot.

"Can I call you, dad?" I mumbled. I heard him sniff.

"Of course." I look over to him. A few tears littered his smile lit face. I tilted my head.

"Are you okay?" I began to freak. Why was he crying?

"I'm just really happy. Just thinking about how much both of our lives are gonna change for the better made me a little bit emotional." He laughed. I chuckled as well, not able to hold it in due to his laughter. It was such a joyous noise, contagious you could say. 

"That's honestly the sweetest thing I've heard anyone say." I blushed, still laughing a bit.

"It's true! I have a child of my own now! I'm a father!" His face lit up with a bright smile. I couldn't help but smile too.

"You living by yourself?" I tilted my head. He nodded slightly.

"I believe so, but at this point I'm unsure. I have Chica, but Matt and Ryan are in and out for what seems to be no reason at all. I'll keep them away though." He chuckled.

"No! I'm actually a huge fan of their channels. SuperMega that is." I smiled and his eyes widened.

"Well that's perfect for you then. That's their car." He pointed and we turned into a driveway to a very large home. I gasped.

"Holy shit that's them." I sunk back into my seat. Matt was getting out of the front seat, his tall body stretching up. Ryan got out of the passenger side and started rolling something inaudible from back here. I watched as Matt rolled his eyes and threw the keys at Ryan before meeting eyes with Mark and walking over here.

"Hey Mark. This her?" He tilted his head, resting on the opening of Mark's driver window. Mark nodded with excitement.

"She have a bag?" He smiled at me. I felt like I was going to faint.

"Yeah. In the trunk." Mark pulled the keys from the ignition and opened his door. I opened mine and met eyes with Ryan.

"Hey! You're Jess!" He shouted, I giggled.

"How do you know my name exactly?" I asked confused, I doubt I've met him before. I definitely would've remembered him.

"Mark texted me about you. His words were 'don't come over for a little bit. Have Jessica with me. Don't want you two to scare her.'" He mimicked Mark's deep voice and I choked a bit, starting to laugh profusely. His laughter boomed out as Mark rolled his eyes. Matt walked up to me with his bag in his hand.

"Follow me to your room, young lady." He mimicked a fancy British accent and I giggled, following behind. I looked at Mark and he nodded. And began walking up behind me. Ryan sprinted to the door and ran in, making Chica bark in response.

"So Jess. Tell me a bit about yourself." Matt smiled as we walked in the door.

"I'm sixteen, I like YouTube a little more than I should, I enjoy playing guitar and singing, my favourite colour is red and I'm a Pisces." I smiled. He laughed.

"Well you got right to the point." He chuckled and Mark nodded laughing as well.

"Well your room is up here." Matt said, climbing the stairs. I followed and we turned into a small room with white walls and a large bed. I gasped.

"This room is huge!" I shouted jumping onto the bed. Mark laughed and Ryan jumped next to me.

"I say, in commemoration of Jessica's arrival, we do a movie night." Matt plopped down on the other side of me and pulled me into his side. It was like a dream meeting these two. Meeting mark. The whole adoption. It all seemed fake.

"I call sitting next to Jess!" Ryan screamed and ran out of the room. Mark let out a throaty laugh.

"Would it be okay if I sat next to you as well?" Matt looked down at me. I nodded smiling.

"I had no idea that you were getting siblings Jess." Mark laughed and Matt chuckled, laying down on the bed. I curled up next to him.

"Wanna go set up? It's getting late." Mark leaned up against the door frame. I rested my head against Matt's chest his heart beat almost putting me to sleep.

Oh how I've missed this. Human contact. The love and affection of another human. Something I have craved for ages.

He pulled me closer and snaked his arm around my waist. I felt my heartbeat regulate.

"Sure lets go." Matt grabbed my hand and pulled me behind him. Ryan had already set out many blankets and pillows on the floor and I had sat down on the floor.

"Matt move!" Ryan huffed. Mark laughed sitting on the couch behind me.

"Just sit on the other side Ryan." Matt threw an arm around me swiftly. I leaned into his shoulder sleepily. He felt like my protecter, is this how siblings felt?

"Fine." He huffed and sat down at my side. Mark started the movie and we all glued our eyes to the screen.

I felt my eyes slowly close and my mind drift off. I felt my head droop down and Matts arm caught it. He chuckled and laid my head on his chest. I drifted off to the sound of heartbeat.