Emmi's Story

Third Person

Emmi Laurie runs home school. Her backpack bumping her back. She runs down the hill and jumps over the fence with ease. She grins as the cold Idaho wind hits her face.

She takes the short cut home. Emmi slithers under the wire fence to cut the field. She runs across the field and picks up hr pace as she gets to the short woods. She jumps over a few fallen trees and spits the building she calls home. Some building.

She walks onto the lawn that hasn't been cut in a few years. She walks in the small house.

"MOM! IN HOME!" She yells. The smell of cigarettes and alcohol hits her nose. She's gotten used to it by now. Her mother, Breela Elton is passed out on the couch, a broken bottles at the floor. Emmi sighs and sets her backpack on the floor.

"Mom? I'm home." She says quietly. But her mother doesn't stir. Emmi knows this is how it will be.

Her father died when she was four and her mother has been like this since. She's twelve now. Emmi stayed after school for some help. For her father she tried her best in school. She's at the top of her classes and trying her best for her father she barely remembers.

Emmi heads to the kitchen to find something for dinner since her mother doesn't cook. She finds a half box of spaghetti noodles. She fills a pot, dumps the noodles and waits. Meanwhile she works on her homework.

Emmi's life isn't great. Her dad is dead, her mom doesn't care about her and she doesn't have any friends. As a kid she grew up outside. Constantly running or being active in some way. 

On lucky weekends, rare rare weekends, Bree got herself together to drop Emmi off at her mother's. Emmi's grandma often said she was her "Little Tarzan", from climbing trees, swinging from branches and jumping fences. Her grandma died last year and now Emmi knows she officially has no one.

She takes of the pot and drains the noodles. She puts them in a bowl and digs for the cheese. She sprinkles some on and that's her dinner. She takes her bowl and homework to her room which only consists of a mattress, a few blankets, a pillow, night stand, lamp, and a small table which she found at Goodwill for ten. She pulls up the broken chair to her 'desk'.

Emmi is used to this by now. She's always been independent, but would give that up at any moment for love. All around her she sees kids with loving parents and great friends and that all Emmi wants.

She just wants to be loved.

_______________

Ahh! The Book is out! This idea came from shaytardian You should definitely check out her books because they are so amading!  Especially the story ideas, she has seemed good ones. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and I hope to have Avia's chapter up by today, so yea. BYYEEE!