Story|Avia

Last Time on 'Baby Independent':

Okay." I whisper.

I hear heavy footsteps and the door being opened.

The Butlers.

Me and Jonathan both turn around. Avia stands there.

Confused.

Worried.

"Sissy who's that?" Jonathan asks.

"Emmi, you have a brother?" Avia says.

I feel their eyes on me. They don't know so much of me.

"Yes." I gulp.

_____________________________

Avia

I look at the little boy than to Emmi. He's a replica of Emmi. Dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes. Light feckless and big eyes. The only difference is the dimples he has.

"Emmi, who's that?" I ask. The little boy stares at me. Emmi looks at me, than back to him.

"Jonathan, my little brother." She hesitates, but nods.

Suddenly everything makes sense. Everything she said at the hospital comes together. They fit like puzzle pieces.

"Emmi, what's your story?" I ask suddenly. She hesitates.

"Um-"

"Like how did you end up here?" I ask, feeling uneasy and worried for her own safety.

No one's POV

"It's not easy to explain. Or, I just don't," Emmi turns to her little brother.

"I don't want you hear this Johnny." She whispers.

"I can handle it Emmi! You're my sister and I've missed you to death and--" Jonathan speaks quickly to defend himself.

"Come on John, she's right. You don't need or deserve to what she's about to say." The lady in the corner steps up.

"Mom, I'm ten. I can hear it. I'm not five!" The little boy says louder. Emmi looks at him with tears. She gets up and faces him.

"Jonathan, please please don't fight it. I love you and all I want to do is protect my little brother. Please just leave, I'll come back I promise." Emmi pleads.

"But siss--"

"I love you, Jonathan Christopher Elton. And if there's one thing that I know, is I've been through enough and I will fight and fight for you not to get hurt. I don't carry if it's by words or smacks. All you can you do is listen to your big sister and trust me with all your heart, because Jonathan I would never lay a single finger on your precious body." She says. Jonathan looks into her and hugs her.

"But, but it's been forever? Bree left and never came back. Dad left and never came back. How do I know you'll never come back, Emmi?" Jonathan asks

The words break the hearts of everyone in the room. The words break down the girl who's already shattered.

Emmi, a girl who's been abused enough, looks into his eyes. She's been broken down enough. She can't stand to see another person in pain after what she's been through

"Because I won't ever let go you." Emmi responds after a while.

"And you can depend on that. You can trust me. Trust me that I'll be here. Trust that I'll be here to pick you up when you fall down from now on. Can you?" She asks Jonathan.

"I can." He responds, hanging on to her neck.

You never really know how important someone is until they're gone. So when Emmi had for let go as he left only for a while, it hurt her so much. You don't understand the power words and slap can do a person. Especially a little girl with no one to go to for help.

And you don't understand the power of how one story can change the lives of people.

And reader, see that is happening to Avia. To Gavin. To the whole family.

And to you, even if you don't really realize it.

I used to say I wanna die before I'm old. But because of you I might think twice
-we don't believe what's on tv, Twenty One Pilots
-

-

-

-

Wow! Hey I finally decided to update! Would ya look at! Tbh, I'm really doing the Christmas challenge to update everyday because I don't update very much any more (aka it's the "I need to catch up game") Hope you enjoyed the new chapter, as this seems like it is one of my more popular books at the moment. Remember to give it a vote and comment on how you like cuz feedback is greatly appreciated! Thx for reading :)
-M.W.T