Sister?|Avia

I'm sitting on our couch at home. My head hurts from today. I wrap the blanket aorund me tighter.

"Holding up?" I turn my head. Gavin walks up to the couch next to me. He sighs. I shrug, not wanting to respond.

"Hey, it'll be alright--"

"Who's Jonathan?" I but in. He pauses and gives me a confused look.

"Jonathan? I don't know," He shrugs, "Explanation?"

"When--when Emmi ran, she said she needed to find Jonathan. Is that like her father?" I ask.

"What do you mean Avia? Remember, when she said her father died, how could she find him if he's not living?" Gavin says. I remember.

Suddenly a terrifying thought enters my mind.

"G-g-gavin? W-what's if--" I stutter. Gavin pulls me in a hug.

"No. She wouldn't." He reassures me. Tears fill my eyes. I sob into his shirt. He rubs my back.

Suddenly the phone rings. Gavin stops and gets up. He quickly jumps off the couch.

Hopeful, but filled with dread, I sit up and hug myself. He picks up the phone and puts it up to his ear.

"Hello? Who is this? Oh. Yes."" Gavin pauses and puts his hand over the speaker. "MOM!" He yells. I jump up amd pull my shirt down. Mom rushes in and takes the phone. I see the worry in her eyes as she listens amd answers.

We wait.

And wait.

Finally mom hangs up.

"I-Is she okay?" I ask. Mom hugs me.

"Yes. Emmi's with social services. We need to go, now. We have to figure out what to do know." Mom rushes. "Avia, Gavin get your things on. We're going to drop Dax and Brock at Kayli's. Than we'll drive up there." Mom sighs as she gives everyone else their jobs.

Dad appears next to mom. Daxton amd Brock running shortly behind.

"We see Gage?" Brock asks, putting his Spiderman shoes on.

"Yes. Please help Dax get ready Brocky." Dad says, ruffling his hair.

"Dad! I just geld it!" Brock whines. I laugh, trying to clear the heavy air. Gavin chuckles. Brock makes a face.

"We can finally get to your sis--Emmi." Mom corrects herself. I pause. I excuse her mistake. Moving past that, we move to the car. I zip my jacket up and climb Into my seat.

We drop Daxton and Brock off first than continue on the road.

My heart thumps the whole way. I can't belive what I've been through in the past 24 hours.

We arrive.

In the first the run out. I quickly open the door and look in. I spit the desk. A lady with a high bun is sitting at it. I run in amd up to the desk.

"Emmi Elton." I take a deep breathe.

"Hold up Av!' Dad says as the rest walks in. I look to them than back at the lady. She gives me a strange look.

"Butlers?"She asks, typing on her computer.

"Yes ma'am." Dad replies. I bounce nervously from foot to foot.

"Left door, down the hall five doors to your left." She replies. I walk ahead and open the door. I count the doors as I walk down the hall until I reach the door. I can see Emmi through the square of glass.

But something else catches my eye.

A little kid.

A boy, ten maybe.

I feel a soft hand in my shoulder. I see mom nod.

I take a deep breathe and open the door.

Emmi turns around. Aswell as the kid.

"Sissy, who's that?"

It catches my attention.

Sisssy?

It all adds up.

"I need to find Jonathan."

"He needs me."

"Social Security, they took him."

My voice hitches.

"Emmi, you have a brother?"

|||||||||||

AWHHHH! YEA! Three updates in a row! Yall should feel special. You're welcome my lovely followers! Almost to 80 follows! I never thought I could make it past five! Wholy buckets! What book should I update next?