Fighting With a Smile|Emmi

*contains minor swearing!*

I walk back in my house. The moment my feet stepped passed the welcome mat mom started screaming at me.

"Hey get your little a** back in that room!" She screams. I step back, clutching my backpack. She walks foward. I step back until my back hits the door. Her finger pushes in my chest as she gets in my face.

"You're s***, you know that right? You were a mistake. Don't ever leave this house again, hear me?" She snarls. I don't reply. "HEAR ME?" She screams louder. I nod as fat tears fall down my cheeks.

Her hand collides with my face. I land on the floor, clutching my burning cheek.

"Don't cry next time or I'll make you cry harder." Mom spits. She kicks my arm as she walks to her room and slams the door. I clutch my arm as I swing my backpack over my shoulder.

I try to hold myself together as I walk to my room. I close it, locking it feeling unsafe. A kid should never feel unsafe around the parent(s).

I throw my backpack against the wall and curl in a ball against the wall.

"This is my fight song." I say to myself.

It seems like every day I'm fighting with a smile, a fake one that everyone believes. I hate this. I hate my mom. I hate myself.

I'm so alone and I need someone.

Only if my dad was here. Everything would be okay.

I dig in my drawer and pull out a picture of me and him.

I look it all and watch little tear drops fall on the picture.

"Daddy I miss you." I whisper as I hug myself. My head hurts from crying. My arm is hurting. My cheek is still burning. Everything hurts.

I just want love, but I know that's one of things I'll never get.

And it hurts, bad.