We Can Make It Work|Avia

"Is everything all right then?"

"As good as I can get it. Although I have to talk to her next week." Emmi spoke over the phone.

"Oh. Well I'm glad you didn't take bull from her." Avia says, muttering the word 'bull' in fear her parent show were busy in the kitchen might hear her.

"Me too, Av. When's the next tone you're visiting?" Emmi asks.

"This Thursday. I'm super excited, but sad I'll miss your birthday by then." Avia sighs,kicking her feet up on the arm of the black leather sofa. She played with a strand of her brown hair as she waited for Emmi to speak again.

"Me too, but I promise I'll save you a piece of cake." Emmi laughs along with Avia who snorts, only causing the two into amother fit of laughter.

"Okay cake monster, try and do that with all those girls living there. I'm sure that'll happen." Avia speaks with sarcasm evident in her voice. Emmi laughs, Avia feeling the smile the girl had on her face.

"Five bucks I'll save you a piece!"

"Ems, I would give you 5 bucks. It doesn't matter to me I'm so excited to see you." Avia says sincerely, sitting up st the sound of her little brothers yelling. Emmi sighs. Not a sad one. A content one. One that speaks for itself. But then it quiet on the other line.

"Emz?" Avia asks, speaking a little bit louder. "Emmi?"

"Avia. I-I have to tell you." Emmi suddenly said, her laughs going away and her voice filled with dread amd sadness. Avia unfolds her legs, confused and worried about her best friend.

"Yea?" She asks quietly.

"S-someone is gong to foster me. And they live four hours away. They aren't aloud to let me see you." She said with a shaky breath and sadness. Avia suddenly felt a sharp pain in her heart as she hear she word come out. They had become so close.

"W-when?" Avia asked, on the verge of tears.

"In three weeks. Avia I can't go!" The girl suddenly cried. She broke down as the speaker became muffled with cries. Avia felt a piece of her break. She couldn't let her go.

"Please don't let me go". Emmi whimpered quietly, feeling the fear within herself. Avia felt tears slip down her cheek.

"I wI'll try to fight for you. I will never let you go that fast." Avia said, confidence and fear within her voice. It was hard for her to understand. And the family loves Emmi. Every time they came, they saw the sparkle in her eyes. They saw the change in her form when she was with her mother. She never missed a beat and always was a chatterbox and quite a happy person overall.

Avia knew exactly what she was afraid of. What they bother feared. Although Emmi was relatively happy, they knew she was still very sensitive to everyone and everything but it wasn't her fault. When a shove could send her into a sob, which they all saw.

When a girl form the home, Ally, accidently made her fall, the girl relapsed her pain once again. Everything of her mother's pain and selfishness images flashed before her eyes. Another adult she didn't know would make her even more scared.

Avia took a deep breath. She knew she couldn't fight with Emmi's social worker. Her own family had no foster license, and everything was just too complicated.

"Emz I don't know what to do." Avia whispers. She hears a sigh from the other line.

"We can and will make it work." Emmi replies after a moment.

"We'll always make it work."