Caught and Tears

Ponyboy's POV
"Riona, please don't go!" hot tears were rolling down my face. I kept stepping towards her, but she's going backwards.

"I have to. It's only going to get worse for us." I kept trying to reach for her, but I couldn't get her. It was like I was losing her and she was giving up on us. That's the worst thing to happen to me besides losing my brother's and the gang.

"We can do this, you know that. This isn't like you to give up everything you fought for. You fought to be with me, but now you're just going to give it up so easily?"

"It's best for the both of us." I jump for her, but she fades into the darkness and I don't see her anywhere. I'm never going to see her again. The people around us have caused her to leave and for my heart to break. My chest hurts and I feel something odd happening. Then it came to me. My heart is literally shattering within me. I fall to my knees, holding my chest and my breath was taken away...

"Aye, Ponyboy, wake up." my eyes shot open and I look around. I was home on the couch. I feel my forehead and sweat was dripping from it. Throbbing pain struck me in the sides of my head. Now that I think of it I don't remember what happened last night. Of course that's the famous side affect of weed.

"Oh hey Soda." he looked at me with concern. I look at Darry and see he was in deep thought in his chair.

"How'd I get home?"

"Well since Gloria went to the bonfire too she asked if I could pick her up around 11-12. So I did and I found you and Riona. She was on something because she seemed dazed and confused. I'm pretty sure it was LSD." I nod and got up. Darry looked at me with disappointment. Before he spoke I put my hand up.

"I just got up. Spare me some mercy." He backed down and kept quiet.

"Wait, where's Riona?" Gloria points out the window and I go check. She's sitting in the yard rubbing her hands on her face.

"Surprisingly, she woke up before you and she said she needed some air." I walk outside and stood in front of her. Riona didn't even bother looking up, but instead was playing with grass.

"Baby, you okay?" She shrugs and stood up.

"I'm sorry about last night."

"No, it's fine. We had a good night together...well at least I think so." She giggled and hugs me.

"Uh-oh." I look behind me to see what Riona sees. Cherry parks her car and storms towards us.