A New Angel

Riona's POV
The ringing of the gun goes through my ears and my mind goes to total shock. His brothers nor the rest of the gang is with us, but I soon hear multiple footsteps coming towards us. His body on my lap trying to survive as my tears drop down to his cheek. This can't be the end. Not for him or us.

"Riona." I stroke his head and try to get my shit together, but there's just no way in hell I can do it.

"Baby, look at me. We are going to get you to the hospital, they'll rush you into the ER, and you can get through this. I know you can." Ponyboy knows as much as me that this optimism is just a mask for my actual feelings and thoughts.

"Darling, I love you and I always will, you know that. Never forget that." Is he giving up? Just like that after him promising me he wouldn't?

"No, you are not letting go this easily." Steve and Two-bit try to pull me away while Darry and Soda pick him up off of me and put him in Dally's car. I squirm, I freak out, I yell, and I cry.

"Riona, calm down. He is going to be-" I get out of there grip and run the Dally's car. I get in and kiss him. I don't what to expect from this so my instinct was to kiss maybe for the last time.

"Remember that poem I recited to you awhile back?"

"Yes of course, babe." He tries to grab my hand, but succeeds very little.

"Baby...stay gold." Steve pulls me out of the car and they go off to the hospital. I kick and yell like a mental patient in Steve's grip. Gloria pulls up her car and all the girls get in it. I look out in the distance and see a soc car. Not just any soc car. James'. I find a nice, big ol' strong stick and run to his car. My blood is boiling and what I'm about to do will give me the cooling off I need.

"Riona, what are y-" BOOM! I swing the stick down as hard as I can on the hood of the brown mustang making a fresh dent. I crack the windshield, kicked off the side view mirrors, made long scratches in his doors. I may be a lover, but violence is the only answer right now for me. I stop what I'm doing and snap my body to face James. Like a savage, I scream and went at him with my stick. Swung it right into his neck.

"You're a monster and a murderous guy! You'll try to do anything to get rid of the things that get in the way of what you want! You are selfish, hateful, and have one hell of a brash personality." No one stops me from the beating that I'm giving him. To my surprise, this feels good. I finally get to release my anger on the person who made me angry the most.

SMACK!

I hold my cheek and he pushes me off of him. That's when everyone started running towards me.

"You never hit a girl, you prick!" Johnny starts kicking him and we all look surprise. The girls come down to my height and check if I'm all good. They shouldn't be worrying about me. Ponyboy got fucking shot and I only got a slap. I'll survive.

"Johnny, he ain't worth it. Let's just leave." Before we get the cars Steve punches James with all that he got and knocked him out.

"That was for Riona and Ponyboy. Little shit." I hop in Gloria's car with the girls and Steve gets in Two-bits car and we speed to the hospital.

-/-/-/-
"Hello, we are here for Ponyboy Curtis. Please tell us what room he's in. We really need to see him." Gloria handled with the lady while all of us are anxious as hell waiting. I pray so hard to the point where I wanna feel God's hand on my shoulder telling me he'll be okay. If he leaves...what will I do? I know I have everyone else, but Ponyboy is my lover. I imagined our future together for fun and always asked myself "Will that ever happen?"