4

❦ {Neymar's POV} ❦

'So the girl is called Evelyn Ronaldo, sister of Cristiano,' I explained, as our squad sat around in my living room.

I showed all of my DM's to the other players, although they were a bit shocked that she was the sister of the famous Real Madrid striker, Cristiano Ronaldo.

However, they accepted it because she was an understanding, kind, beautiful girl who you could trust in a matter of seconds.

'So you like her then?' Messi says, pouring himself a glass of water.

'Well, I love talking to her, it feels weird when we don't,' I mumble, under my breath but it was dead silent, so everyone heard what I said.

'Well, you're going to see her tomorrow, so we'll all figure it out in between time,' Suarez adds, and taps me on the back.

---

❦ {Evelyn's POV} ❦

I come back home from a long day of modelling and find Cris in the home gym, lifting weights. I nervously bite my false nails, and watch him lifting. I couldn't ever tell when he was pissed when he was working out, but he seemed normal to me so I spoke up after giving a little cough.

'So, you've got a big game tomorrow?' I asked, throwing a towel to him.

He grabbed the towel and wiped his sweat, 'Yeah, a very big one, would you like to- oh no I forgot you never go to any game for me.'

I gulped. I never went to any game for Cristiano, but the fact that I wanted to go to the game tomorrow for Neymar and not him, made me feel like shit.

'Actually, I'd love to be there for you,' I said, forcing a smile.

'What?'

'Yeah, I'm never there to support you, so I'll be there. I was thinking I'd go extra early with you and the squad,' I spoke up.

'This is unusual,' he responded, dropping the weight down to the floor.

'I wanted to make it up to you since, you know, the other day,' I gulped again.

Cris smiled and gave me a hug, 'You are the best sister, you know?'

'Yeah.'

---

neymarjr: so you coming tomorrow?

evelynronaldo: yeah :)

neymarjr: I'm going to bed since I've got to get up early for training and stuff

evelynronaldo: sweet dreams, neymar😘 and good luck for tomorrow❤️

neymarjr: goodnight, evelyn and thank you❤️

---

I didn't really go to sleep after that, I just went down to see how my brother was doing. But as usual, he was working his ass off. Cristiano spent 95% of his life training and practising. That is probably why he was known to be one of the best players in the world. You know what they say, you can't become the world's best without 24 hours of hard effort, sweat and practise.

I walked out to the garden and found myself to the pool, jumping into it. 

I put my whole body in, sinking but came back out to breathe in some air. I stood still, floating a bit, and letting the cool water touch my skin.

I swam around until I reached the surface, to grab my phone. But there were too many notifications so I put it back down.

---

I woke up this morning, realising that today was the day. I jumped out of bed, took a long shower and got dressed into my Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo jersey and a pair of jeans. 

I brushed my hair and put it in a quick bun, and rushed downstairs to see Cris taking a few bottles of water.

'I'm coming with you! Something you're not used to,' I shrieked in delight.

'You seem happy?' He smiled.

'I know, it's more exciting than I thought,' I answered quickly, hoping he wouldn't ask too many questions.

---

{Neymar's POV}

The squad got up early for rest, massages and training for the big match today. My mind was set and a lot of it was imagining Evelyn sitting in the crowd cheering me on, even though she probably wouldn't do that, due to the circumstances.

'I can tell Neymar is going to be playing good today, show them skills off at the game, like you are doing now,' I hear a voice scream out.

I smile, wow, Evelyn's influence makes me play so much better than I usually do.

We take a break to drink water and when we do, I quickly grab my phone and tap on the Instagram app.

evelynronaldo: heyyy, I'm in the car, on the way to Barcelona.

neymarjr: this early? are you going with your brother instead of actually getting a ticket?

evelynronaldo: yeah, I wanted to get a better chance to see you!

evelynronaldo: beware, I'm wearing a madrid jersey...

neymarjr: It's okay, who cares what team you support? It's your life. I've bought you a jersey with my name on it :)

evelynronaldo: you're a star! 

neymarjr: talk later, gotta get back to warming up and stuff. x

---

how are you liking the book so far?