12

❦ {Evelyn's POV} ❦

Maddie and I watched the whole game together and it was amazing watching football with my best friend because we were able to cheer and judge James and Cris together.

'James is going to kill him, look at his face omg!' I laughed, pointing at him.

Marc took a leg out to get the ball and James fell to the floor.

'Yikes!' Maddie screeched.

And that was pretty much how the game went, except Real Madrid won, yay!

---

The players were all sweaty and getting ready to leave, my eye caught Marc wiping his sweat as he stood alone, getting some air. Maddie stood by in a distance watching my moves just so I felt comfortable.

'Hey, Marc,' I called out.

Marc turned around instantly after hearing my voice, 'Oh, Evelyn, I don't know how I need to prove it to you-'

'Shh,' I put a finger to his lip, the cold wind blowing my hair in front of my face.

'Evelyn?'

'I-I can't be with you, Marc. You don't deserve me, you deserve much better,' I say, softly.

'But I want you,' he says, shaking his head.

I take a deep breath, and shut my feelings away. 'Well, I'm not yours,' I say, bluntly.

Marc has a tiny frown forming on his forehead at this point.

'You didn't just say that in anger yesterday, when you said that you never wanted to be with me, did you? You really meant it?' Marc asks, a lump in this throat.

'Marc, I want to be honest with you. I loved you, a lot but when you left for a long time, my feelings for you began to fade and that's when Neymar came along-'

Marc interrupts me, 'Neymar?'

'Yes, Neymar. We've been talking for a while and my feelings for him have overgrown and I want him more than anything, I'm sorry Marc,' I say, knowing how much I hurt him.

Marc turns away, his eyes full with tears which he doesn't want me to see.

'But that's not all...' I say, spinning his face around so he's looking at me.

He gives me a questioning look and asks, 'What else do you want to tell me? I don't think there are any more ways to rip my heart out.'

I gulp, I didn't want to hurt him anymore. He would hate me for life.

'I wanted to break up with you, the day before yesterday but I just couldn't because I knew how much you loved me. So I left your house and went to Neymar's house. My emotions got mixed up and tangled away, then we ended up sleeping together. I'm so sorry, Marc. I swear, I didn't want to-'