Founder of NASCAR

William France, Sr. or Bill France Sr back then was a mechanic and he moved down to Dayton Beach, Florida because he wanted to escape the Great Depression. France decided to enter the year 1936 Daytona event, he came home 5th in the event, then he took over running Daytona in the the year 1938. France encouraged a couple more races before he got called into action in WW1. William thought that the public would enjoy watching these "stock cars" race around on a track. Unfortunately some promoters never gave the money to the drivers so they left the track with an empty pocket. In the year 1947 France decided that racing could never grow without a formal sanctioning organization which consists of standardized rules, a regular schedule, plus an organized championship trophy. On the day December 14, 1947 France began chatting with some other races who wanted to races along with promotors too, they all talked at the Ebony Bar which is located at the Streamline Hotel which is in Daytona Beach, Florida. At the end of all the talking what came to be is the birth of NASCAR on the day 21st of February in the year 1948. That's why the Streamline hotel is now the birth place of NASCAR!
Next chapter will be about Erwin "Cannonball" Baker.