Why the pit crews are athletes too

The pit crews are one of the key players on a NASCAR team, did you know former football players come to NASCAR and go to different teams and train to become pit crew members. Yes it's true! You think being a pit crew member is easy? Not at all. Those men train as hard as any football player out there. The jack man is an athlete because he has to jack up a 3500 pound race car, the tire changers have to change four tires quickly, the tire carriers must carry a 50 pound tire, and the gas man has to add 22 gallons of Sunoco fuel to the fuel tank, the gas man has to add fuel 1-2 times during a pit stop. And the windshield tear off guy must rip off the tape really quickly. The pit crew must be flawless and have no mistakes on pit road, because if you mess up one little thing, your driver's chance of winning may of went out the window. Talk about a lot of pressure on 7 guys. And if they need to make adjustments to the car, then they need to execute that too. Adjustments that can be made to a NASCAR race car is, wedge, air, and track bar adjustments. A average pit stop on pit road is about 11 seconds, so that may seem easy, but these pit crew members have to have agility and fast reflexes. You try doing an 11 second pit stop, it's not easy. No argument there.