Nascar = a sport

Definition of a sport: An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
If you read the above definition, the sport of NASCAR basically defines that definition. Why you may ask? Well because driving a race car may look easy, but in reality it's not. The G forces a driver feels into the turns is massive, it's basically 3.2 G's!! Which is equivalent to 3.2 times the force of Earth's gravity pulling the drivers into the corners. Secondly, the temperature in that race car is above 100 degrees! Let's take an example of the hot temperature, so at the Phoenix race this year the temperature outside was 95 degrees, and in the race car it was on an average of 136 degrees! Try staying in a car in that temperature for 3-4 hours. And the strain it has on a drivers legs and hands when they turn the car, push the gas, clutch, brake pedal, plus push the throttle. Finally, these NASCAR teams compete against each other, there are 40 drivers on the track all working towards one common goal, the checkered flag. Still not convinced that NASCAR isn't a sport? Well buckle up because there are tons of reasons I'll prove on why NASCAR is a sport and prove why NASCAR drivers are athletes too!
I'm doing a research paper in English on this, so this story will help me with the research paper! I'll even use facts and quotes from the research paper into this story too! :)