Founding of Nascar part 4

NASCAR was founded by William France, Sr., on February 21st, 1948 with the assistance of many drivers in that time. The points system back then was written and recorded on a bar room napkin. The original plans for NASCAR combined 3 different divisions: Modified, Roadster, and Strictly Stock. The Modified and Roadster classes were more popular and more on interesting in the fans eyes. It turned out that NASCAR fans did not want to anything to do with the roadsters, then fans perceived as a Northeast of Midwest kind of series. The roaster class and division was quickly left behind, while the modified classes and division is now known as the Whelen Modified Tour. The Strictly Stock classes and division was put on a hold due to American automobile manufacturers were not able to produce family quickly enough to keep pace with after World War 2 demand. The 1948 schedule featured at least 52 Modified dirt track races. The sanctioning body held its very fist event at Daytona Beach on February 15th or the year 1948. Red Byron beat Marshall Teague in that Modified division race, Byron then went on to win the 1948 national championship. Then things changed a lot by the year 1949, and the Strictly Stock division was able to show for the first time with a new 20- mile (32 km) exhibition in February which will be near Miami, Florida.