Chapter 3: Shizu-chan...

Izaya's POV

"Why did Shinra put you in charge of me?" This man has been cruel to me all day, so it's out of the question that we had been friends.

"Good question," he replies angrily.

"Why are you always upset?"

"Because you're here," he tells me continuing whatever he's doing.

I get up and go into the other adjoining room where he's sitting at a table, smoking.

I frown at him. "You shouldn't smoke, it's bad for you."

"It's my body, and my house, so it's my choice what I do," he blows smoke towards me.

I swat at the air. "Why did you take me to your house? It's obvious you don't like me. Plus, I'm fully capable of taking care of myself even if I don't have my memories. Shinra told me that my overall intelligence wasn't affected."

"Do you believe everything Shinra says?" He ignored my question!

I cross my arms. "Answer my question and I'll answer yours."

"Because you're a jackass and so you need to be supervised, that's why." I'm not quite sure how to feel right now. I can't remember the type of person I was, and maybe am, yet I feel like I should be offended.

"I believe Shinra because he's actually nice," I tell him, "based on that alone you must be the least trustworthy."

He scoffs. "Someone like you shouldn't be complaining about others being untrustworthy."

"You said I was a jackass, but exactly what kind of a person was I?"

"You were annoying, untrustworthy, a liar, a manipulator, and so many worse things," he says.

I sit across from him. "How so?"

"You know that kid you met earlier?"

"Masaomi?" I ask.

"I've heard that you manipulated his girlfriend to do anything you told her to do. You made her date him and they fell in love with each other. He was a gang leader, he still might be, I don't know," he thinks for a minute and shakes his head, "Anyway, you helped him gain ground against a rival gang and earned his trust, but double crossed him and gave his rivals information on their hideouts. Then told his girlfriend to get herself kidnapped, then her kidnappers broke both of her legs. I'm not quite sure what else happened, but can't you see how much of a bastard you are?"

"I know why Ma-chan hates me now," I say knowingly.

"That's not how you should be responding," he growls.

"Well, if I gained his trust once, I should be able to do it again, right? I know trust is a hard thing to recover, but maybe if I..." I trail off. I need to think about this. I should probably research both Ma-chan and his girlfriend. I can find out what their interests are and the kind of people they enjoy hanging around.

"Don't you become a nasty manipulater, Izaya!" Shizu-chan cuts me out of my thoughts.

"What?" Then I realize what he said and smile. "Don't worry, Shizu-chan. I just want to make friends." I pout at him. "After all, relationships lead to a happier life."

He clucks his tongue. "You still have that weird cocky optimism to you."

"I bet you actually like it," I tease.

He gives me a disgusted face. "NO ONE LIKES YOU! NOT EVEN YOUR OWN DAMN FAMILY LIKES YOU. YOUR SISTERS TOLD ME THEY WOULD HAPPILY KILL YOU TO JUST TALK TO MY BROTHER."

"Do they admire your brother?"

"I JUST FUCKING YELLED AT YOU AND YOU'RE ASKING ABOUT MY BROTHER?!" He picks up the table and hurls it at me. Instinctively, my body moves on my own and a smile appears on my face.

Why the hell am I smiling right now! I just had a table hurtled at me! And how did I even dodge that!?

I look over at Shizu-chan who gives me a dangerous, chaotic smile. "I'm going to kill you, you damn flea."

I have a lot I need to figure out about myself before I can even begin trying to find out about others.

XxXxXxXxXx

I hope you enjoyed. I kept getting distracted while writing it, so it might seem a little weird at points, plus I'm not getting the spell check stuff for some reason, so there may be some misspelled words.

Please feel free to comment, message me, and vote. I'm a pretty open, but blunt person, so I'll be willing to talk.

Also, is there anything specific you guys want out of this? I have the basic outline, I want for this story, but I'm missing some middle stuff, and I wouldn't mind putting some requested filler type things in or even changing some aspects if I like it enough.

Bye, bye!

12-8-16