Chapter 5: IZAYA!

Izaya's POV

"What the fuck did you just do," Shizu-chan's voice leaks anger. He talks slow, and pronounces every word clearly.

"I thought if I kissed you, you'd be too shocked to be angry, but I guess that only worked for the first few seconds," I pout at him.

"I'm not just going to kill you," he says, "I'm going to fucking rip you apart!"

My flight response instantly kicks in. I quickly dodge the sofa he throws at me and rush out the door. I don't bother closing the door because that will waste my time. He would be able to rip it off faster than I could close it.

He yells my name and it echoes throughout the apartment complex. I make my way down the stairs, accelerating faster with each step I take, launching myself down several stairs at a time. As I make my descent, I also check to see Shizu-chan's position. Luckily he's slower than me, so he isn't anywhere near me.

Unfortunately, I soon run out of stairs, and am left with flat ground. I turn around to look at Shizu-chan, who stops, glaring at me.

"Is it too late to apologize, Shizu-chan?" I ask, only 1/4 serious. There's no way and I know it.

He gives a dangerous smile, "You couldn't stop this from the moment you made that decision."

I watch as he rips of the railing from the stairs. Instead of making his way down the stairs he bends the metal to for a spherical shape with poles sticking out.

"Shizu-chan, won't you be upset if that pierces me? I mean, I would probably die and then you'd be arrested for murder," I try to reason with the blonde, but he refuses to listen to me.

"I'd be fine spending the rest of my life in hell rather than having to see your shit face ever again," he spits out at me. Before I can carry on the conversation, he launches his weird tortuous sphere at me.

I have a few more seconds than I thought I would, so I take my time dodging. As it passes me, I hear a high-pitched screech, followed by two thuds.

Confused, I turn around (of course trying to keep track of Shizu-chan's movements at the same time) and find a blonde girl lying on the ground, bleeding, with a pole sticking out of her chest, connected to the ball lying right beside her.

"Vorona!" I hear Shizu-chan yell followed by his footsteps as he dashes down the stairs.

I'm still shocked at the sight. Shizu-chan apparently knows this girl well, and is bothered by the fact that she's injured. The most surprising part is the fact that neither of us realized she was there.

I instinctively move out of the way as Shizu-chan runs past me.

"Vorona!" He yells again. He bends down and looks at the wound. "Shit!"

"Shizuo," she reaches an arm toward him. Even though she only said one thing, I can tell she is Russian by her accent.

I join Shizu-chan at her side and inspect the wound, as well. It looks like it pierced her heart.

It's actually strange how calm I am right now. Even though I don't know her, seeing someone die should bring some emotion to me. Maybe I am the heartless person Shizu-chan always said I was. It probably should have been me that got pierced by a pole.

I look over and see Shizu-chan reach for the ball to pull it out.

I stop him. "Don't. If you pull it out then she'll die of blood loss.

"She's dying now!" He screams at me.

"No," the Russian says, "He is right. If you take it out, then I'll bleed faster." She stops to take a breath.

"Shit!" He says. "What do I do!?"

"Call 119 or Shinra," I tell him.

"No," she holds up her hand. "Just end my life now. I'll probably die either way. Just help me pass on."

"No! You'll be fine, Vorona! I'm so sorry." For the first time, I see Shizu-chan show an emotion other than anger. I can even see tears.

She shakes her head. "Don't be sorry. It's not your fault. I should have been paying attention." He opens his mouth to interject, but she continues. "I've killed many people. I am a monster, and I deserved to die. At least a friend can help me pass on. Now please, take it out."

Tears roll down his face, but he honors her final request. Blood pours faster out of her wound and dyes the pavement a deep red.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXx

So, school starts for me on Friday, so I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to post like I do now. I'll try to post at least a couple more chapters before school starts. I've kind of remade a story line, kind of, maybe, sort of, but once again, there's still a large middle portion of how to get from A, this chapter, to B, half way through, to C, the ending, which I don't really know what to do with.

Bye, bye!

15-8-16