Chapter 14: The End

Izaya's POV

My plan worked perfectly. After I regained my memories a few days ago, I knew it would be a good idea to play ignorant. Shizu-chan is simply too stupid to catch on. He fell so far into my trap it's almost disappointing. Almost. For Shizu-chan to die, I could never be disappointed. Luckily, I can remember everything, so I know how hard to cut a fatal wound.

I smile up at Shizu-chan as blood drips from his neck onto my face. It's a little disgusting, but it's worth it. He slowly grabs at his throat. He looks at his hands in disbelief, as if he can't process what happened.

Once the initial shock fades, he glares at me. "Why?"

"Oh?" I mock. "Did you think I would actually love you? How could anyone truly love a monster." He glares at me. It's so pitiful I just want to laugh. "Oh, 'I'm sorry'~ Did I offend you~?"

He removes his hands from his neck and lunges for me. I dance to the side. "Sorry, Shizu-chan, but I'm not going down with you." I quickly use the knife to slash at his arm.

He turns around and reaches for me, but I move out of the way again. I continue to slash him. It's so much fun. I never thought this opportunity would come so soon. I begin to laugh uncontrollably.

Apparently I wasn't paying enough attention because Shizu-chan reaches for me again and I don't have enough time to completely dodge. He grips my arm and yanks me towards him.

"Have you been faking it this whole time?" He growls.

"I don't know," I reply. "Have I?"

"You are not in a position to act cocky, flea," he reminds me.

"If you love me, shouldn't you call me darling or something?" This angers him and he does something to my arm. I hear a crack and pain engulfs the whole right side of my body. I grit my teeth. He will not win this.

"Why don't you cry, flea? You've already done it once," he taunts.

I glare at him. "Just die already, you monster. Someone like you should have never been born in the first place."

He grips my arm tighter. A shock once again runs through my body and I cringe.

Even though he's stupid, he seems to have caught on. He tightens again. "Does it hurt, flea?"

With my free hand, I thrust the knife into his thigh. He doesn't care.

"What are you trying to do, flea? Stabbing my leg won't do anything."

I continue to slash at his leg. "There are two things you should know," I tell him smirking. "For one, any addition to your blood loss would help me." I pause and reposition the knife. "For two, there is an artery in your thigh, the femoral artery, that causes massive blood loss when cut."

I dig the blade into his thigh and he lets go of my arm. He grabs his leg as blood pours out. He tries to wrap a sheet around it, but it only stains the blanket.

"You  really are a remarkable creature, Shizu-chan. Even though it won't be for long, you're still standing after I cut your jugular artery and femoral artery. You do deserve something." I pause. "The only thing I'll give you is your ending."

At this point, he can barely stand. Even though, he continues to glare and stagger towards me. I position myself to fight. As he gets closer to me, he leans in a kisses my lips. He falls backwards and smiles at me before collapsing.

I watch him, but then my body starts to feel numb. I look down. That bastard.

~Time Skip~

I open my eyes to a bright white object. I try to look away, but my whole body aches. I sit still for a little bit, staring at what I can now recognize as a ceiling. The room is quiet except for an occasional beep. I internally sigh. I hate hospitals. I hate Shizu-chan for putting me in here. That stupid bastard made me let my guard down only to stab me.

That reminds me, did I succeed? Suddenly intrigued, I lift myself up, ignoring the pain screaming at me to stop. I sit still for a minute, waiting for the pain to subside. When it's finally bearable, I glance around. I don't see him, but that doesn't mean he's not here. With him, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't dead.

Slowly, I put my feet over the edge of the bed and hop down. Dizziness and pain fills my entire body. I almost go back to step one, but fight against my instinct. Even though each step forward is excruciatingly painful, I continue onward.

After I make it about half way across the room, the door swings open and Shinra walks in.

"What are you doing!" He screams and rushes towards me. "At least press the button or something so we know you're awake."

I try to push him away, but it hurts to much to fight back.

He ushers me back into my bed. He grabs a chair and sits next to the bed. "So what happened?"

"How's Shizu-chan?" I ask, ignoring his question.

His expression turns sad. "Sadly, he...didn't make it."

Tears form in my eyes. Finally. The goal I've been trying to accomplish for so long has finally become a reality. I'm so happy, I can't control myself.

Shinra seems to misinterpret my tears. He pats my back. "I know it must be sad losing a loved one."

I begin to laugh. "Don't you see, Shinra. This is the best day of my miserable life." He doesn't respond. "I killed him!" I laugh harder. "I killed him and he failed!"

"You're wrong," he says quietly. "You're sad you succeeded."

"What!?" I instantly stop laughing. "Why would you say that? We were mortal enemies!"

"You may not admit it to yourself now, nor ever, but your feelings aren't the truth. You're making up excuses for your depression."

I glare at him. "I am not! I hate Shizu-chan. I have always hated Shizu-chan!"

"You haven't always hated him. Just recently, you admitted you loved him."

"That wasn't really me. I didn't even have recollections of who I was. I didn't know what feelings are. Just because I'm drawn to him doesn't mean I love him," I argue.

"Don't you miss him at all?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "Well, I'll miss our fights, but that's all."

"Are you sure?"

I pause. "Stop trying to put weird thoughts in my head!"

"The fact that you're reacting like this means I'm right."

I pause and confusion fills my mind. There are weird feelings, but I can't describe them. I think about it. It's not love. Then I think of the right term. Regret.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

I'm tired so, even though this is the last chapter, I'm not going to write a long thing.

Bye, bye! (For the last time)

23-9-16