Chapter 6: Vorona

Celty's POV

~Flashback~

I arrived at Shizuo's apartment as soon as possible. I even took the risk of speeding, knowing how scary the police are. Luckily, I hadn't run into any on the way here.

When I heard Izaya's voice, I knew something really bad had happened. Izaya never gets worked up, even with his memories gone, I still wouldn't have expected him to feel concerned about someone he barely knew.

I set my bike against the neighboring building and prepare for the worst.

Izaya didn't explain much, but I knew Vorona wasn't okay, or maybe even alive. Vorona and I were never really on good terms saying she ruined my helmet, and I had to go headless for a bit, but I still would never wish death on her. I also came to see if Shizuo was alright. I know they had recently started working together, so this could be really bad.

I continued to walk, when Izaya pulled me to the side of the building where a staircase was built. The first thing I noticed was the damage done to the staircase itself, but almost immediately after, I sensed the dying girl lying by the staircase.

I type a message onto my phone and show it to the former information broker. What exactly happened?

"Shizu-chan and I got into a fight, and he decided to throw that ball thing at me," he points to some tortuous looking device, "but when I dodged, it struck this girl who had been behind me. I don't know when she got there, but she must have been walking by because she didn't even attempt to dodge."

I look over at Vorona's body. I walked over at it to inspect the wound. It had definitely pierced her heart, but I'm sure if they had left this weird artwork in then she would have had enough time to wait for an ambulance, but with it out...

Did this fall out on it's own? I typed. That's the only explanation I could think of.

He shakes his head. "She asked for Shizu-chan to remove it. She said she was a monster and deserved it anyway."

If I had a face I would have shown a very sad expression. It's sad that people think these things. But what he said raises another question.

Where is Shizuo?

"That's what's bothering me. After a few minutes, he stopped crying and retreated into his apartment. He hasn't come out, and the door is locked. Celty, I've only know him for a few days, but..." He trailed off and his eyebrows come together.

I bent down next to Vorona and check her pulse. Her heart was barely still beating. Using, my shadows, I filled up the hole to try to prevent anymore blood from leaking out.

I'll be right back, I typed, I'm going to take her to the hospital.

He nodded and I hurried over to my bike.

The trip to and from the hospital was relatively quick. I could tell the nurses had a lot of questions, but for the sake of time, they just asked me for my number to update me on the situation.

Izaya was pacing at the bottom of the stairs when I got back. I knew what he wanted, so I headed up the stairs and picked the lock with my shadows. Once I opened the door, I saw
Shizuo sitting on the couch, smoking. It wouldn't be unusual, but he seemed paler and his eyes had less color.

The raven haired man ran over to Shizou and hugged him. Even more surprisingly, the blonde made no movement whatsoever. This whole experience must have been really traumatic.

"I'll take care of him, Celty," Izaya promised me, "I don't like seeing him like this, so please help."

That was the first time I had ever seen Izaya ask for help. I nod. I had to go see Shinra.

Later that night, the hospital texted me and told me Vorona had passed on.

~End Flashback~

Today is two days later. The funeral. There aren't very many people, just Shinra, Tom, Izaya, Shizuo, and me. Shinra had broken into Izaya's house to find information on Vorona's father, but to no avail.

Shizuo looks a little better, but still seems really out of it. He seems to move out of habit rather than will. I watch Izaya guide him around. I can tell he is truly worried about Shizuo, but he isn't much help. I'm worried he won't get better.

"It takes time for wounds to heal. Physical and emotional," I jump at the sound of my lover.

Before I can type anything Shinra continues.

"I can tell what you're thinking, that's what love is." Usually he would probably jump at me with affection, but even he knows what is and isn't appropriate at the funeral.

I'm just really worried, Shinra. What if he can't get over this? I'm not really sure how close they were, but I can't help but feel devastated. I type quickly and show him the screen.

"I'm sure he can overcome this. Definitely not in a few days, maybe not even in a few weeks, but over time, the wounds will heal. Plus if we make sure to surround him in love, support, and affection, he will grow. At his age, he won't grow as much as he probably could from this event, but someday he will understand what happened just happens sometime. We can't rush it, though. If we do, that could damage him even more."

I nod. I still can't help but feel worried.

"Don't worry," Shinra says, "he has you and me, as well as Izaya. Relationships and support really help with this sort of thing. Plus, if he still doesn't get better after a few months, we can set up an appointment with a therapist.

I nod again. I look once again at Shizuo, then at the coffin. We all gather to pay our respects.

XxXxXxXxXxXx

I hope you all liked it! I'm not quite sure why I decided to do Celty's point of view, but it just seemed right to me.

Please feel free to vote, comment, or message me. I appreciate any feedback you might have and I hope, if you do like it, I can continue making chapters I am proud of like this one. If these kind of chapters you guys don't really like, I can try to do something else.

Sorry, but I need to leave this here:

Bye, bye!

16-8-16