Chapter 13: Izaya's Weird

Shizuo's POV

"What are you doing?" I ask.

Izaya looks up over the top of the couch at me. "I'm not doing anything," he replies.

I narrow my eyes. "That's the problem. You're always up to something." At least he has been. The last few days, he just sits around doing nothing.

He looks away from me. "I'm not always up to something."

I walk up to him and smack the back of his head. "Stop being stupid."

He turns around clutching his head. "Ow! Don't hit me you stupid idiot!"

I go around the couch and sit next to him. "What's wrong?"

"You hit me. That's what's wrong," he complains, still rubbing his head.

I sigh. "You know what I mean. You were acting weird earlier."

He shakes his head. "You're just stupid."

I look at him. He's been like this almost immediately after he decided to stop cutting himself.

"Is it because of our conversation?" I ask softly.

"Nothing is wrong!" He gets up and storms out of the room.

I sigh again. Why does he have to be so stubborn?

Izaya's phone rings beside me.

"Hey! Pick up your phone!" I yell to him.

He doesn't answer, so I pick up his phone.

"Hey, Izaya! How are you?" I hear Shinra chirp through the phone.

"Hey," I say.

"Oh! Shizuo! Where's Izaya?"

"I don't know. He's being moody."

"Is it that time of the month?" He asks, seriously, which really pisses me off.

"He's male, ya know," I growl.

"Hey, hey! Men have periods of a sort. It's called IMS. Irritable Male Syndrome. It's a real thing. To begin with-"

I cut him off. "I don't care. What do you want?"

"Someone's grumpy. Anyway-" The door swings open again and Izaya comes out.

"Give me my phone." He says, holding out his hand.

"Why?" I hold the phone above his reach. He tries to grab it, but he fails, which causes him to frown.

"Please, Shizu-chan~"

"Then tell me why you're acting weird."

He comes closer to me and looks at me. "I'm being completely normal."

"No you're not," I argue.

His frown deepens, but he quickly moves forward and kisses me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I pull away and throw the phone at him. "Stop being stupid."

He catches it and puts it to his ear. "Hello?"

I sit down and watch him. He starts walking away and I frown. Why the hell did he even kiss me? It's not like we're...dating or anything.

After a while, he finally comes back.

"What did he want?" I ask.

He walks over and sits on my lap. I immediately shove him off. "Stop being weird."

"Shizu-chan, why are you so mean to me?" He complains, sitting on the ground by my feet.

"There's a chair and the rest of the couch you could sit on," I motion to the furniture.