Diner

Link pulled into the parking lot of a diner just outside of town. They stepped out of the car and walked inside. The establishment was fairly empty and had a sort of 50s theme to it. Both teens sat down at a booth. A waitress, sporting an Elvis Presley shirt, handed them menus, "Hey sweeties. My name is Kate and I'll be your waitress for today. Would you boys like something to drink?" Link smiled, "Two colas please." She nodded and walked into the kitchen. They browsed the menus.

She came back with their drinks and took their orders. After she had collected the menus she smiled at Pit. Pit was too busy staring outside to notice.

She left to the kitchen again. Link slid out of the booth, "Excuse me for a bit." Pit nodded and continued daydreaming.

"Whatcha thinking bout cutie?" Pit snapped from his thoughts. Kate stood at their table. Pit blushed, "Uhh just stuff." "Okay well how old are you, sweet stuff?" He turned away from her, "I'm eigh-eighteen." Kate started to twirl her hair around her finger, "Just graduated?" Pit nodded and took a sip of his drink, "Yeah and next is college." She smirked, "Ooh a scholar. I like smart boys~"

Link walked back and sat down, "I'm back. Left my wallet in the car." Pit's face was super pink by now. Link glared at Kate without her knowledge. Pit turned his attention back to Link, "Oh no, Link I've got it! I'll pay! It's the least I could do." Link smiled and stuffed his wallet away in his pocket.

"Kate! Stop flirting with the customers!" A voice from the kitchen yelled. Kate tensed up, "Y-yes sir!" She ran back into the kitchen.

After the meal, Pit payed and they were back on the road. The radio played softly as Pit looked out the window. Link smiled as he drove the nearly empty road. Pit turned down the radio, "I'm gonna try to call my mom..." He took out his cell phone and scrolled through his contacts. He held the device to his ear and bit his lips.

Link could hear a soft, "Pit?"

"Hey mom..."

From then on he could only hear Pit's side of the conversation.

"I'm good..."

"No. Dad's not around. Well I'm not around dad..."

"Yeah I'm not allowed back."

Incoherent yelling on Palutena's side.

"I know, mom. Don't worry I'm ok," Pit looked at Link, "I didn't get the worst of it."

"Can I stay with you?"

"Not don't send Medusa. I can manage."

"Thank you so much. I love you..."

Pit hung up. Link smiled, "She took that well..." The brunet chuckled, "Yeah better she wants to wring my father's neck and not mine."

Pit listened to the soft music. They had lost radio signal and didn't enjoy talk radio much so Pit put in one of Link's CDs. He chose a random white one, no doubt Ike burned it for him. The brunet started to doze off in the passenger seat. Link looked at the freeway exit signs. Up ahead, a sign read "Vacancy".

Link pulled up to the office of the motel and paid for one bed, one night. He drove around with his room card and parked in front of their door. He opened the door and he was relieved to smell no cigarettes but actual air fresheners. He quickly checked the bed for bugs. Nothing. Link walked back out and opened Pit's door. He unbuckled him and carried him inside. Pit wrapped his arms around his neck and his legs around his waist. Link locked the car and shut the door behind him. He dropped Pit down on the bed. Pit lazily sat up and looked at his boyfriend. Link turned on the television and sat down. The brunet looked over at the digital clock. It wasn't that late.

Pit smirked and crawled behind Link. He wrapped his arms around his waist, "I wanna do things..." Link looked away from the TV, "What sort of things?" Pit kissed his neck, "The kinds of things we couldn't do back home...because we feared my parents would walk in." "Pit, are you sure you're ready?" Pit giggled, "I want you Link. Ever since we first kissed. I knew I wanted you to be my first." Link turned off the TV and turned around pinning Pit to the bed, "I mean, since you've been saving yourself for me..."