You're My Wonderwall

Pit woke up the next morning with his head in Link's lap. A hand was stoking his hair. Link smiled down at him, "Morning, Sleeping Beauty." Pit blushed, "Am I really that beautiful with bags under my eyes?" Link chuckled, "The most beautiful eye bags I've ever seen." They tried not to ruin the moment but neither could hold in their laughter.

"That was fucking stupid..." Pit laughed as he sat up. Link scoots the blanket onto him and buckles his seat belt. Pit tosses the blanket to the back and settles in for more driving. They change into some new clothes before hitting the road.

~*~

Pit looked through Link's CD collection and places his favorite mix in. He starts to tap along and hum. Link prepares himself for that beautiful voice he loves so much.

Back in school Pit aspired to be in choir but he felt that would give him away to his parents since it was filled with all girls. Link was the only one he'd sing to because he was too self conscious. During their summer get togethers at Ike's they'd sit next to each other during the bonfires. Teens gathered round whenever Robin pulled out her acoustic guitar. She'd strum songs everyone knew and they'd all sing along. Pit would lean close to Link's ear and sing softly.

Now Pit was smiling and singing happily.

Must I always be waiting waiting on you?

Must I always be playing playing your fool?

Pit swayed to the singer's guitar.

Link smiled and continued to drive.

Pit's eyes wandered all over the road. "Oh just look at these pretty fields!" Pit watched the greenery pass by. Flowers now became random bursts of color. Link caught sight of a billboard that read, "Welcome to California!"

Pit's eyes widened as he smiled wide, "We're here! We finally made it! Link aren't you excited!?"

Link sighed, "As ready as I'll ever be..." His stomach growled. Pit pat his boyfriend's belly, "Let's get some lunch and then we'll look for their home." Link nodded, licking his lips.

"California has In-N-Out right? I've heard about them a lot back home from Ike. He came here one summer and it was all he'd talk about!" Pit giggled remembering their friend's antics, "Oh I miss Ike. But sure lets go!"

~* at lunch *~

The two boys pulled over and ordered their food, also with two shakes because it was a reward for making it all this way. "Oh my gods. Ike was so right!" Link smiled with a mouth full of food. Pit sipped his shake and checked his phone as it vibrates.

"Hey mom!"

"Oops sorry. No reception."

Again Link could only hear Pit's side of the call.

"Yeah, made it here safely."

"Eating lunch...In-N-Out."

"Yeah. Going over there after. Bye."

Pit sighed. Link swallowed his food, "What's wrong?" Pit put his cell down, "We had no reception in the dessert and my phone barely got charged in the car. She's been trying to get ahold of me." Link chuckled, "Missed calls from mom? I'll get started on your funeral plans." Pit kicked his foot under the table, "Stop it..."

~*~

They finished their lunch and got back in the car. "I'm so ready to reunite with my mom!" Link nodded to agree, "I can't wait to meet her. I'd love to meet the maker of the beautiful work of art beside me." Pit blushed bright red and kissed his cheek.

Pit checked the postcards and put the address into his cell phone's GPS. They turned on the radio to a California station and listened in.

Today is gonna be the day
That they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do about you now

Pit sings aiming his voice at Link. Singing to him the sweet love song.

Link then joins in, his own voice not the best but fitting in with Pit's vocals.

Back beat, the word was on the street
That the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before
But you never really had a doubt
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do about you now

And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I
Would like to say to you but I don't know how

The couple laughed with one another. "This is so corny!" Pit giggles. Link sighs, "Well maybe I like corny..." Pit smiled and checks his GPS.

"Make a left and merge for the freeway," Pit says, reading directions, "It's a 20 minute cruise from here on out." He lays back and listens the the station.

~*~

They drive through the streets and pull up to a small sky blue Victorian home.

Link parked in front and looked at Pit, "This the place?" Pit looks at the address on the card and the house, "Yeah. We're here..." Pit seemed melancholy since he set eyes on the street.

Link holds his hands, "I'll be right behind you. Don't worry." Pit looked up sadly and smiled, "I know. Thank you." Link leaned in for a kiss, which Pit gave into immediately. This was full of so much emotion. Pit needy for emotional reassurance and Link taking control of the situation. They pull apart and lean their foreheads together. "Remember, I'm right behind you..."