Sleepy Stars

Link and Pit left Samus and Peach hours ago but were still left in the desert. Desert for miles, ahead and behind. It's getting late and they don't see a hotel in sight. Link reaches into the backseat of his car and pulls out the bedding for college. Pit is wrapped in it as they pull off the road for a good night's rest. Pit looks out the window, not yet tired. The stars are brightly shining. Link opens up the car and they sit on the trunk Link leaning back against his rear window and Pit in front of him, wrapped in a green duvet. Link wraps his arms around the boy on his lap. They look up at the stars. Link left soft music playing in the car.

"They sure are pretty. With all the bright light of the city, I almost forgot what stars look like," Pit admitted. Link nuzzled his neck, "Oh really? I never forgotten. Not with my constant reminder." Pit looked at him, questioningly. Link smiled, "Because of you, I will always know what a star looks like." Pit blushed, "Aw babe."

Pit throws the blanket over the both of them, "Link...do you ever miss Red?" Link shook his head, "Why would I? I only miss his pets." Pit lays his head on his shoulder, "Well do you ever think about him?" Link holds Pit's hand, "Only when I see dog shit in the grass." Pit giggled. The blond looked down at the brunet, "Pit, are you jealous of Red?" Pit shook his head, "No I'm just asking cause you sure remember a lot about him." Link bit his lip, "Well it's more like when you see an accident and you can't unsee it. I wish I didn't remember him."

Pit looked back up at the sky, "Well I'm glad you remembered us so well." Link kissed his neck, "Why wouldn't I? It was the day my life was complete. That boy in the wheelchair was all I needed. What was his name again?" Pit smiled. Link raised his head to look at him using his index finger and thumb, "I love you, Pit. So much more than any old ex. You're perfect for me." Pit leans in for a kiss which Link leans to meet.

Lips move against one another. Pit's fingers tangle in Link's golden hair as Link rubs Pit's sides. Pit moans quietly.

Link has a way of making all his troubles disappear. Pit never had to worry about bullying, Link was tough and a jock who would beat anyone who dared to hurt him. He never had trouble with homework because Link was there to help. When Pit would have nightmares, Link was always ready to hold him or talk to him late at night. Link was Pit's answer to everything. When Pit was in a wheelchair from a broken leg, Link always pushed him to every class. Once the elevator at Link's apartments broke and he carried him and his wheelchair up three flights.

They pulled away and smiled, foreheads touching. "I love you too, Link. You're my big strong guy." Link takes off the duvet and scoops Pit up in his arms. He jumps down from the trunk and twirls around to the music. "Yup. Your big strong guy who just loves dancing with you!" Link nuzzles his neck. Pit giggles and kicks his feet about. Link doesn't allow his feet to touch the floor since he's barefoot. Pit wraps his legs around his waist and wraps his arms around his neck. They sway to the music.

"I can't wait to finally get to Cali. I haven't seen my mom in 15 years," Pit smiles as he's placed back on the trunk. Link smiles, "Best part is that we won't be so far. I'll come and visit in my free time." Pit pulled the blanket over himself, "W-wait you're not gonna stay with me?" Link shook his head, "It's your mother's place I don't want to intrude. I have college to worry about. I'm gonna go for a dorm." Pit cupped his cheeks, "Link no. Don't do that. Stay with me and my moms. You don't have a job anymore and you're planning on living out your car, aren't you?" Link shrugged, "And if I am? What about it?" Pit shook his head, "Link you need a proper home. I don't want you trying to make ends meet. Until you can afford a dorm or an apartment I refuse to let you go out alone."

Link gave in and laid his head in Pit's lap, "I just...don't want you to worry about me." Pit pets his hair, "You being out of my site in a new state is worrying enough. I insist you stay with me." Link nodded, "I will. Only because I think you'll be very lonely without me." "Oh yes. I'll try to control myself," Pit responded with sarcasm.

Link carries Pit back inside so they can finally get some rest.