volume three

,,how can i sleep, if i don't have dreams, i just have nightmares?" (representation of anxiety, nightmare disorder and dream paralysis ; staying up, the neighbourhood)

oikawa already had shaky hands, somewhere in middle of his english literature class, where they were covering first chapter of the dreaming suburb ; book one. to his luck, it was the book that he read much ahead of class. he was tired, having this as his last class.

he felt mattsun nudge his sides, the curly haired boy giving oikawa a worried look. mattsun was probably the only one that oikawa ever talked to in college. (not counting the professors and their assistaints.)
but that was exactly whyhe didn't want to tell mattsun. because he didn't want to worry the boy. or scare him away. cause mattsun was really his only friend.
he just waved his hand to mattsun, a manner of telling him he is okay. even if he isn't, maybe iwaizumi will fix it again when they meet tonight.

,,and with that we finish the first chapter of the dreaming suburb, as well as our todays class. you all may be excused." the professor declared with a soft smile, starting to put away his own things as well.
the large college classroom started to grow empty, with students rushing out for either more classes or to catch a train home.

oikawa stopped at the professors table, havimg him look up to oikawa. ,,oikawa, how may i help you?" sugawara-sensei asked, a kind smile plastered over his face. oikawa remembered how he couldn't believe such a young man would be a professor.

,,sensei, i was wondering, since i've gotten all the way to ninth chapter, could you give me an assignment?" oikawa asked, somewhat in worry. he just wanted a distraction.
sugawara opened page 93, where chapter ninth started. sugawara hummed and flipped back a little. ,,analyse the happenings between pages 58 and 60, those pages included." the silver haired male said, closing the book afterwards. ,,i hope you have fun working on this, oikawa."

,,thank you sugawara-sensei." oikawa whispered and made his way outside the classroom and towards the train station.

···

iwaizumi was struggling, with his third cup of coffee and a pencil gripped in his hand.

he was to put out another poem for oikawa, this one to be read by the boy. and somehow that scared iwaizumi hajime. but he could try.

ocean like

when i saw you,
you were more like a river,
with a calm and steady flow and a face of an angel.
but now that i've met you,
you're more ocean like,
uneasy and wild,
sometimes as dark as a nightmare.

and it scares me,
cause what if both us drown?
-iwaizumi hajime

iwaizumi let out a shaky breath, his whole body asking for some time to rest.

···

iwaizumi stared as oikawa took in a new customer, this time a younger man around their age. but this time the ravenette saw what was behind the act of a sweet hooker.

a small, fragile and cold boy. and his name was oikawa tooru.

[518 words]

i cry, it took me so long to get here