volume six

,, i can't even get myself to move, i continue to be washed through the cracks of time" [fear of being stuck in time, fear of being forgotten. ; bad apple, gackpo camui]

flashbacks and memory tellers will be marked in dark cursive print.

it wasn't so bad to iwaizumi, having oikawa around him the whole day. it was rather refreshing to his schedule. untill around one pm his phone rang, the screen yelling KHAI.

,,khai? what do you need?" iwaizumi mumbled into the phone, khai rarely called.

,,'waizumi-niisan? can i come over?"  the light voice on the other side asked. hajime wondered to when did khai not sound as sad and as tired. he let out a sigh and a confirmattive hum in response.
he could hear the loud beeping of his phone as khai hung up. knowing the red head, he would be here in twenty minutes.

,,iwa-chan was that your little brother?" the brunet that was cuddled next to him and reading a book asked.
the ravenet rubbed his temples in frustratrion. ,,i'll explain later, tooru. let's go and have some coffee."

tooru hummed in response, closing his book and leaving for the caffe / restoraunt downstairs with iwaizumi.

·

iwaizumi ordered for all three of them, although khai was not quite there yet, though twenty minutes have passed. ,,tooru, khai is not my brother, not my brother by blood at least. i promise to explain later." iwaizumi explained, only for the brunet to give him a thumbs up and a smile. and as on cue, the door bell jingled and a short boy with a mop of fierce red hair has entered.

by simply knowing iwaizumis personality and habbits, khai walked straight to their table, stopping in front of it. he lifted one of his hands in a peace sign, as his signature greeting.

iwaizumi smiled a bit. he did miss khai. ,,morning khai." he said, as the much shorter boy settled on his side, opposite of oikawa. ,,khai, this is oikawa tooru."

khais golden eyes scanned between the other two and to oikawa it looked as if khai could see the dark red threads connecting him with iwaizumi. the red head finally held out a hand to oikawa. ,,khai daimaki"   the voice that he had was not what oikawa expected, no, it was a low tone laced with sadness and loneliness. he had an accent to it, not very strong, but his h rumbled behind other letters and his a's short and knife cut sharp.

tooru offered khai a smile, that the boy only responded to with a sad side glance. iwaizumi should have warned him more about his 'little brother'.

,,khai, i ordered coffee for you, but we still didn't get it." iwaizumi explained, looking at tooru rather than at khai, untill hearing a loud thump of the table. both oikawa and iwaizumi quickly looked at khai, whose red head thumped on the table, as soft snores escaped his lips.

iwaizumi sighed. ,,he falls asleep like this quite often. he's like a cat." he mumbled to tooru, who had a half smile filled with confusion painted on his face. ,,i guess it's story time."

i grew up like that, surrounded by a dozen or more of other children whose family names had no meaning, or those who never had a family name in the first place. none of us had parents, and we were rarely to be adopted, people never liked children over five years old, so we all lived in that house. there was no true blood connections, but trust me when i say that we were all brothers and sisters.
i lived there since i was three, i was one of the first five kids to end up there. it was a two floor house, plus a big basement, with a black roof and outside of it in a light arctic blue. the owners of it, were a lovely young pair of women, hitoka and shimizu. when i was around four, shimizu introduced me to a lovely lady who was an artist, which i knew right away, because every molecule of her being screamed colours to me. she was shimizus friend and she wanted to paint something i every room, for every child. so whenever she came over to paint, she brought her son with her to play with us. he was barely two years old and since there were six of us between age of four and eleven we took turns in taking care of a small red haired child.

   soon enough we had plenty rooms and around twenty children took home in our house. even two years later, she was still painting for us. somewhere around that time, when she had just painted a tree with poetry in my room and flowers in flower boys room, that i have been playing with khai, her son. he fell, deeply cutting his nose. soon enough he had stitches and a scar that to him seemed ugly.

the day she was suppost to finish my poetry tree came, but she never showed up. she died. khai came to live with us. he covered the scar on his nose, that his mother had said was a part of him.
the reason why he calls me his big brother is because i almost became one to him. i almost was adopted.

every day from then i spent with khai, school, home, life. he knows my pain and i know his.

iwaizumi never liked telling all of it to people so he avoided oikawas eyes as much as he could. so as the coffee arrived, and oikawa stood up to take the coffee from the waitress, iwaizumi stared at him.

,,you should never be scared of talking to me. or looking at me. it's just me, hajime." oikawa smiled, placing their coffees in front of each, tapping khai to wake up. ,,khai-kun, wake up." oikawa said softly to the red head, before sipping slowly onto his steaming coffee.

,,you might be dragged down by past, washed by time, but hajime, i'm here."

[1015 words]

this is an emotional wreck because i am too