volume eleven

[ ,,tell me pretty lies, look me in the face, tell me that you love me even if it's fake. cause I don't fucking care, at all." idfc, blackbear

-loneliness, borderline obsessiveness, loss, clinginess' and destruction of what has been created / built, need of being love - even if it is not returned, fear of loss and being abandoned ]

It couldn't have been more than three in the morning. the moon was sleepily hanging above the clouds as oikawa had found his way to iwaizumi. with his bare feet, on the cold tiles, he stared through the others balcony glass. breathing out slowly, he pushed out foggy clouds of air.

as expected the raven boy was still awake, light seeping through a thin white sheet that he had covered himself with.

tooru sighed, as he let himself in, walking on his toes. his knees dropped next to the bed and he dragged the sheet off iwaizumis face.

,,really iwa-chan? you didn't answer my call." he mumbled, with iwaizumi just staring back at him, the same way you look at a stranger. ,, hajime please don't ignore me, please don't." oikawa whispered, tears on edges of his eyes.

iwaizumi let out a breath, closing his eyes for a second. his right hand rested on oikawas cheek, a bridge forbidding the tears from passing without touching him. ,,baby, I was a bystander all along." he muttered, a small smile lingering on his face. he shook his head lightly, his brows furrowed lightly in sadness.. he had no control over this situation what so ever.

tooru lifted his own hand to place it on top of iwaizumis, the touch reassuring. ,,wha-at do you mean?" he doesn't even notice the tears watering over their fingers untill they start overflowing, dropping down his chin. when he does realize so, he clicks his tounge on the roof of his mouth in disappointment.

hajime sighs, leaning closer. will he whisper me sweet nothings again or will we wreck me down with poetry?, oikawa asks himself, his lips trembling. ,,tooru, baby, you are majoring literature, and yet you forget your basics.." he sighs, the whisper silencing for a moment.

,,hajime. your words aren't making sense."

the other responded with nothing but an eye roll, staying quiet for a bit more, still so awfully close. ,,tooru, in your life you are the protagonist. and in my life you are a protagonist as well. I am a bystander in the book of my life, placed for observance of you." he drags a finger of his other hand over the brunets' lips, shivers down his spine.

oikawa knows what he feels. it was a deep emotion, like several knives stabbed through his heart. and he was scared, right then and there. what did this mean to iwaizumi. does he want him to stay the protagonist or does he need another protagonist, another muse. did he still love him? oh, how oikawa wanted to hear those words, even if said as a lie. he just needed them, no matter how foolish and greedy that was of him. it itched under his skin, and through his ribcage. he knew he would have cried and panicked otherwise. and for a moment of distraction his thoughts were off. he wanted to know what came first... the rain on the outside of their window glass or the tears on his face. the weather forecast said it would be a clear and warm night, but he was freezing. ,,please tell me that you love me, even if it is a lie... just, please do." oikawa begged, eyes shut tightly.

he heard a light laugh, the one he loved the most, and felt iwaizumis fingers pinch his right cheek gently. ,,silly tooru, of course I love you." he responded, letting his lips crash onto the others. and it felt like universe collapsing under the pressure of their emotions. oikawa was no longer a sheer victim, a broken temple whose room is a mess. no, he was loved. and so was iwaizumi.

The end

[723 words]

And even in the end you get angst, fluff and love. that's exactly what you get when you decide you will finish a story even if it is two am.

Thank you for being here through the story.

Yours truly and faithfully,

Lukas Ryan