Chapter 1

Venus' POV
I opened my eyes, seeing nothing but black.
I winced, and rubbed my head. I had a huge headache. I pulled my hand away, and there was a sticky substance.
My eyes widened, as I tried to stay calm. I must have hit my head somewhere.
I searched my person, looking for my wand. I couldn't find it.
My heart skipped a beat as I thought of the last thing I saw before I disappeared.
Severus.
I wanted to cry, remembering the look on his face.
I pushed myself up, wobbling a bit on my feet, as I stood up. I felt around, my hand coming into contact with a wall.
I started following it using my hands, until I saw a peek of light coming from underneath a door.
A door!
I stood back a few feet, and summoned a fireball. I took a confident breath, and threw it.
I gasped, dodging the fireball, as it bounced off the door.
I waved my hand, and it extinguished.
I stared in confusion.
What the hell?
There must be strong protection magic.
I stepped back, as suddenly the door flew open, and a figure leaned in the doorway.
"Have you never been told that fighting fire with fire will just get you burned?"
*****
Snape's POV
My throat burned as I gulped down the bottle of fire whiskey.
I couldn't get Venus out of my head. Her fear, her eyes.
I had no idea where to begin to search for her..
I hadn't felt this hopeless since..
Lily.
Guilt racked my body, as I held my head in my hands.
Because of my carelessness, another woman I love will be dead.
I froze.
I can't love her.
I just can't.
'But you do.'  My mind admonished.
I shook my head, as I drank until I could no longer feel.
*******
Venus' POV
"Who are you?" I asked.
He smirked. "People refer to me as the God of the Dead, Ruler of the Underworld, but I prefer the term, Hades."
My eyes widened in shock. I couldn't think, but I managed to form words.
"Did-Did my mom send you?!" I asked, hope radiating through my body.
He laughed, and it was almost maniacal. "Silly girl, your mother has no idea I'm here."
My heart dropped. "That was you in the forest that night."
He smirked. "That I was."
"Why didn't you kidnap me then? You had every opportunity." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.
He chuckled. "The time just wasn't right."
I furrowed my brows in confusion. "The time is right now?"
"My dear Venus, it's all a matter of leverage." Hades said.
"I don't understand." I whispered.
"Your grandfather, my lovely brother Zeus, banished me to the Underworld many moons ago. I like the gig, I really do, but it's gotten too routine. I've grown tired of it. I want to be welcomed back to Olympus, where I belong."
"I don't think that's going to happen." I stated bravely.
Hades' eyes glistened dangerously. "Oh, it will. Because you are going to help me."
I fought the urge to roll my eyes, because for some reason, my fear was slowly decreasing, only to be replaced by fearlessness.
"And if I don't?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.
Hades leaned down, smirking.
"Everyone you care about will die, and I will be the one to meet them at the gates."
My heart seemed to stop its beating, and my mind started flashing with the faces of the people I care about. Natalie, my Dad, Severus....
I sighed, feeling completely and utterly trapped.
After a second of silence, I spoke.
"What do I have to do?"
*******
A/N: there's the first chapter! I'll try and update some more tomorrow or Sunday.
-Hannah x