Chapter 3

(A/N: I forgot to mention: I recently just purchased 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' about a week ago, and I read it in less than 24 hours. I cried like a little baby, especially when other well-known quotes were included, and the most when they brought in some lines for Snape. I kept reading them in Alan's voice, and I'm not ashamed of it. It was amazing, and I thoroughly recommend it!)

Venus' POV
My heart wouldn't stop pounding as we disappeared in a flash of fire, and reappeared in the Forbidden Forest.

Snape's POV
The door to Albus' office burst open, and the big oaf was panting, and looking frantic.
"Professor, there be activity in the forest."
Albus looked surprised. "Thank you, Hagrid."
He left, and Albus looked to me. "It appears we may have found Ms. Hastings, Severus."
My heart skipped a beat, and before he could stop me, I was out the door, and on my way.

Venus' POV
I looked around the forest, biting my lip.
"Now what?" I asked my great uncle, watching his actions closely.
He was staring up at the sky, a twisted smirk lining his lips.
I looked up too, noticing that the moon was at its highest point.
Hades looked down at me suddenly, stepping in front of me, gripping my arms.
"It's time." He whispered, as his eyes started to shine orange.
Out of nowhere, I felt this foreign pain radiate throughout my entire body, despite my necklace still being attached around my neck. I fell to my knees, grasping my chest. I couldn't breathe.
A silver light was hovering around me, and floating up into the sky, casting what seemed to be a portal.
That's when I realized something:
Hades was using my power.
I looked to him, and he was staring at it in triumph.
Out of panic, I pressed down on my necklace, and the silver light grew in size, and with a flash, illuminated the whole Forbidden Forest.
When the light faded a bit, I saw two figures appear.
I collapsed to the cold ground, my eyes fluttering.
One of the figures looked to me, and I smiled weakly.
"Mom..." I whispered.
I took a gasping breath, as I heard my name being yelled.
I cast my eyes up as best I could.
The last thing I saw before I lost consciousness was a black cape & a familiar face.
*******
1 week later
My eyes fluttered open, and my vision refocused, as I took in my surroundings. The white walls made it clear that I was in the hospital wing at Hogwarts. I looked to my right, and I wanted to gasp.
Severus was sleeping in the chair next to my bed.
I took in a shaky breath, and The Potions Professor stirred, and was awake in an instant.
He sat up abruptly at my bedside, a look of relief on his face.
"You're awake."
I nodded weakly. "What happened?" I asked, hoarseness evident in my voice.
Severus sighed. "You've been unconscious for a week's time. We all thought you were dead."
"Where's Hades?" I asked.
"Back where he belongs. Your grandfather took care of that."
I felt tears filling my eyes then. "I saw my mom. In person. She was right there."
Sev's hand caressed my cheek gently.
"Did-did she save me?" I whispered, my voice cracking.
"Indeed. She sacrificed some of her power to save your life." Severus explained.
I nodded, understanding.
Our eyes met, and as if in a silent reassurance, Severus had moved closer, and captured my lips in a gentle yet loving kiss.
I responded, wrapping my arms around his neck, as I laid in my hospital bed.
After a minute or two, we pulled apart, our foreheads resting against each other's.
Severus searched my eyes.
"I thought I lost you." He admitted, and I felt my heart skip a beat.
"You will never lose me." I whispered, smiling a little.
Severus' lips turned up in a hint of a smile.
Despite everything that happened, I still managed to smirk.
"So, Severus...when do I move in?"
His eyes shone in amusement at my words.
"Miss Hastings, you are still insufferable."
I laughed. "Would you want me any other way?"
*******