Chapter 7

A few weeks later
Venus' POV

I slowly opened my eyes, yawning. I turned over, feeling for Severus, but instead rubbing over an empty space.
I sat up, holding the blanket to my chest.
"Severus?" I called.
Out of nowhere, there was a flash of black, and I gasped.
Severus appeared, seeming flustered and distracted.
I furrowed my eyebrows. "Where have you been?"
He sighed, sitting down on his side of the bed. I ran a hand through his hair in support.
"The Dark Lord called a meeting."
My heart skipped a beat. I knew he had come back at the beginning of the summer, end of term, but hearing it out loud frightened me to my bones.
It frightened me even more that Severus was a double agent. It was risky business.
"Why..did he call the meeting?" I muttered, meeting his eyes.
"There's something he seeks. Something he didn't have last time. A prophecy." Severus explained, as he unfastened his cloak, draping it over his arm.
I nodded, understanding.
It looked like there was more on his mind.
"Is there something else?" I asked.
"Against my better judgement, Albus has inquired of me to ask if you would agree to join the Order of the Phoenix." Severus stated, though it seemed to pain him to say so.
I rose an eyebrow, thinking. "In the eyes of older wizards and witches, aren't I a bit young? And for all intents and purposes, a student?"
Sev sighed. "Dumbledore is willing to make an exception, considering your demigod status, and your situation being what it is."
I nodded, taking it all in.
I could help save the Wizarding World, with Severus by my side. I could make use of myself, using my powers to help others.
I smirked, looking up at the Potions Master.
"I'll do it."
Severus gave me a look. "Are you certain you want to involve yourself in this, Venus? It's dangerous, not to mention the risk--"
I laughed, kissing his cheek, taking him by surprise. "Always so protective...what have I told you about worrying?
Besides, it'll give us more reason to be around each other."
Severus smirked, flashing me a dark look that made my insides quiver with delight.
"Who said you were going anywhere, Miss Hastings?"
I rose an eyebrow playfully. "Oh? Are you implying something, Professor?"
His eyes flashed with amusement, but he didn't respond. He didn't have to though; I knew what he was getting at.
I gave him a sly smile, wrapping my hands around his neck gently.
"Of course I'll stay, Severus. For as long as you wish."
He rose an eyebrow, as I straddled his lap, as he sat on the edge of the bed.
I traced his chest, flashing him a look of seduction.
His hands settled on my waist lightly, as he observed me.
"As much as I would enjoy what is to come, I must ask you to get dressed, and come with me." He said.
My lips turned up into a half smirk. "Where?"
"A meeting of our own."
******
I took a deep breath as I followed Severus up to the door of 12 Grimmauld Place.
I was nervous, but full of anticipation. He knocked twice, and the door opened. I was face to face with a dark-haired, handsome man, who smiled attractively down at me, and sneered at Sev.
"Snivellus..."
The Potions Master growled in distaste.
"Black..."
I looked between the two men, confused as hell about what was going on.
The fellow behind the door flashed me a smile, opening the door all the way, leaning against it.
"And who are you?"
I smiled politely. "Venus Hastings."
He held out a hand, and shook mine, placing his other hand overtop.
"Sirius Black at your service, my dear. Come in, we're waiting."
With that, he turned, and walked down the long hallway. I looked up at Sev, raising an eyebrow in disbelief. Severus growled, grabbing my hand, leading me inside. The door closed shut behind us.
We walked down the long hall, as I observed the decor. There was a portrait, with a sheet covering it. There was a staircase, which I assumed led up to bedrooms. To my right, was a kitchen, and straight ahead a door, which was slightly ajar. I could see multiple people sitting at a table, chatting.
Before I could ask any one of the questions running through my mind, Sirius Black appeared again.
"Ah, there you are!"
In a gentlemanly manner, he placed my hand on his arm, and led me into the meeting room. I looked back at Severus pleadingly, who had his fists clenched beside him as he followed behind us.
Oh boy.
This was going to be an interesting meeting.
******