Chapter 14

A few days later
Venus' POV

"Are you sure you're up to this?"
I chuckled at his question, fixing my house tie and adjusting my robes.
"I'm not disabled, Severus, I'm pregnant. There's a difference."
I turned around, approaching him. Wrapping my arms gently around his neck, I smiled up at the Potions Master.
"Don't worry so much, it'll give you worry lines." I said, smirking slightly.
Sev smiled a little, giving me a look.
I laughed, kissing him sweetly.
"It seems worrying has some perks." He whispered attractively against my lips.
I tried not to smile, but failed miserably.
"Don't distract me, mister. We have a first day feast to attend." I whispered back.
Severus rose an eyebrow, causing my insides to flutter a bit. Boy, did that man know how to arch an eyebrow like nobody's business.
I waved my hand over my stomach, a disillusionment spell. It would conceal my protruding stomach just in case. We didn't need students, or other teachers, asking questions.
I smiled up at Sev. "There. All good. Now, let's get this show on the road."
******
I smiled a bit as I watched the new little first years get sorted by the Sorting Hat.
Remembering how much has changed since I had gotten here made me glance up at the staff table. Severus wasn't looking at me. But that was okay. He had a reputation to uphold.
Dark and scary.
I glanced around the Great Hall, and my eyes stopped on someone.
I furrowed my eyebrows.
The girl looked exactly like me. That is, except for the eyes. Whereas mine were golden brown, hers were blue.
I was taken aback, and about to get up, when Dumbledore approached his podium to speak. I sat back down, ignoring Severus as he tried to catch my eye in a questioning way.
I was in a bit of a haze, as I tried to listen to Albus' speech, and even more when some pink woman named Umbridge interrupted him.
As soon as the feast ended, I sprang up, trying to keep my eye on the girl through the crowd of other Hogwarts students. I followed everyone out into the corridor, and sighed as I lost sight of the girl. My eyes scanned every student, but I came up short.
"Damnit." I swore under my breath as the hall cleared out.
"Venus?"
I turned around to face Severus.
"What's wrong?" He asked, stepping a bit closer.
I ran a hand through my messy hair, and chuckled.
"You'll think I've gone mad, but I saw someone."
Sev smirked. "Yes, there's students at a school. It's common."
I gave him a look, and he smirked at me.
"The girl looked exactly like me."
Sev rose his eyebrows in disbelief. "Well, that's.....something."
I nodded in agreement. "There's one separating characteristic. Her eyes are blue, whereas mine are golden brown."
Severus gripped my hands. "What does that mean?"
I shrugged. "I'm not entirely sure. But trust and believe, I will find out."
I went to walk away, but I was pulled gently back by Severus gripping my hand still.
"My love, you're pregnant." He stated, the obviousness in his tone condescending.
I just stared at him. "Really? I told you; I'm not disabled."
Severus sighed. "But you need to be safe. You don't know this girl. Whether you're family or not, she could hurt you."
I sighed, gripping his hands. "Why would she want to hurt me? I don't even know her, nor does she know me. It'll be okay."
Severus gave me a look, and I kissed him.
"I'll meet you in our quarters. Wait up for me."
He nodded.
********
Nighttime
I was searching every corridor, every place I could think of. She had to be somewhere. All the while, I was avoiding Filch and his cat. Because despite dating the Potions Professor, I was still a student, and currently breaking curfew.
"Looking for me?"
I turned around and was face to face with the girl.
My eyes widened. "What's your name?"
"Alena."
I smiled. "I'm V--"
"Venus, I know. You're my sister. And as I can tell, twins to be exact."
I chuckled. "Except for the eyes."
She smiled then. "I've been waiting for this day my whole life. I had a feeling I had a sister."
"So..."
"My mother is yours. Aphrodite, goddess of beauty."
I looked down, running a hand through my hair. Many questions were running through my mind. Why didn't my mother tell me I had a sister? A twin, even? Where has she been? Why is she here now?
"Why--" I looked up, and I stopped mid-sentence, because she was gone.
*****
I walked into our shared quarters, still a bit shocked.
Severus instantly reached for me. "Are you alright?"
I looked up at him in wonder. "Yes. That girl was, in fact, my sister. But now, I'm left wondering more than ever."
Sev pulled me to his chest, and let out a breath.
"I believe it's high time you phone your mother. It seems she has some explaining to do."
I sighed, closing my eyes against his chest as he held me close.
"That she does."
*******
A/N: sorry for the wait. Her sister looks exactly like Venus, except with blue eyes. If you forget what Venus looks like, I attached the picture from the first chapter of the last book above. Also, her and Alena are twins, even though there's info you find out later in the book that might contradict that. All I will say is that, because their mother is Aphrodite, a Greek goddess, all of her children will look the same no matter what. The reasoning is because I just decided that, mostly because I'm the author and I thought it would just make sense! So...I'm back on track, and know exactly where this story is going to go. Stay tuned!
-Hannah x