Chapter 2

Snape's POV
The next morning I woke up, dragging myself into the shower. My head was pounding, and I grit my teeth against the pain.
After I was finished, I dressed, meticulously buttoning every button. I let out a heavy sigh, as once again my mind filled with thoughts of Venus.
I had to see Albus.
I left my quarters, and walked up to the statue, growling the password. I walked up the stairs, and walked into his office without knocking.
"Ah, Severus. You seem distressed." Albus stated.
I crossed my arms. "A student has been kidnapped, Albus."
"I am aware. As I'm sure you know, Venus is not technically a student. She's just in hiding here."
I scowled. "Well, someone has found her, and I suggest we save her before it becomes too late."
Albus gave me a knowing look. "Have you grown to care for the girl, Severus? I knew there was something between the two of you, never would I have expected it to run this deep.."
I bit my tongue, not responding.
Albus folded his hands over his desk. "Lucky for us, her father has contacted me, and informed of her situation. It seems that we are in the midst of a family squabble."
I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.
"What are you getting at, Albus?"
"How did Venus disappear?" He asked.
"In a flash of fire, but I don't see how this is relevant to our predicament." I growled.
Albus gave me a look. "You're a smart man,  Severus. Whom is the only God that can wield fire as a weapon?"
I narrowed my eyes. "Hades."
********
Venus' POV
I was laying against the wall of the dark room, eyes closed, thinking.
All of a sudden, an idea crossed my mind. I looked to the door, making sure it was closed.
I'd never tried contacting my mom first, but I was desperate.
I pressed down on the dove's wings, and it flapped open, the silver light illuminating the darkness. After a few moments, my mother's frantic face appeared, and I let out a sigh of relief.
"Venus! My darling! Are you alright?!" My mom whispered.
"I'm fine, Mama. What is going on?" I asked, needing some answers.
"Hades has disappeared. Your grandfather is doing all he can to find him, being as he's almost certain of his plan to try and get back into Olympus."
I furrowed my eyebrows. "Hades told me you didn't know he had left the Underworld."
My mom gave me a confused look. "Of course I know. It's my job to know--wait, how have you spoken to him?!"
"Mom, he kidnapped me." I said.
My mom looked frantic.
"He is forcing me to help him return to Olympus. If I don't, he's going to kill Dad, and my friends, and Sev--"
I abruptly stopped short, and my mom gave me a look.
"Who's Sev?" She asked.
"He's...I don't know. We haven't specified what we are. There's a lot holding us back."
My mom nodded, but got back to the topic at hand.
"Venus, you're a smart girl..and you know what you must do. You have to help him, but don't worry. We are watching, and all you have to do is lead him to us, and let your grandfather handle the rest. Do you trust me?"
I smiled, tears filling my eyes. "Of course I do."
"Good. When you have him in place, all you have to do is press down on your necklace, and I will hear your call, and we will come. Good luck, darling, I love you."
I swallowed the tears, and rekindled my strength.
"I love you too, Mom."
My necklace flapped its wings, and then hung idle around my neck.
I let out a heavy breath, just as the door swung open, and Hades stood in the doorway.
"Let's go." He said, and I stood up.
"Where?"
"The Forbidden Forest. It's time."
My heart skipped a beat.
"I don't even know what I'm supposed to do. What is your so-called plan to accomplish this task?"
He grabbed my arm forcefully, lips turned up in a twisted smirk.
"You'll see, my dear. And not only will you see it, you'll feel it too."
********