Chapter 19

Venus' POV
"I'm honored to meet you." Dumbledore spoke, addressing my mother.
My mother bowed her head, a smile on her face.
"As am I. Every immortal on Olympus has heard of your greatness."
I watched this exchange with a grin as I stood next to Severus, gripping his hand absentmindedly.
Clearing my throat, I spoke.
"Would it be alright if my mother stayed here at Hogwarts until term ends?"
Professor Dumbledore smiled. "Certainly. However, we must keep it a secret. I'm sure you can imagine the ruckus that would ensue if the students and staff were to find out that a Greek goddess was living in the castle."
I chuckled, looking at my mom. Her eyes twinkled with amusement.
"Don't worry. I won't tell a soul."
Dumbledore intertwined his hands over his robes. "I will arrange a suite for our guest right away."
******
Later that night
I giggled as my mom and I jumped onto her bed, landing on our backs, side by side.
I sighed. "I can't believe this."
My mom looked at me in confusion.
"You're actually here. I've only dreamt about this happening, and now seeing it actually made real, it's unbelievable."
My hand found my protruding stomach, and I smiled.
"You're going to meet your grandchild after all." I said to my mom, and she too placed a hand on my stomach.
"I'm so proud of you, Venus. You've grown to become a strong young woman, even without my guidance. I just know you're going to be an amazing mother."
Tears stung my eyes, but I blinked them back.
"Just like you. Even better, you'll be here to guide me now. We can make up for lost time." I spoke in a whisper, hearing my voice crack a little.
There was a second of silence, before I spoke again.
"Do you miss Dad?" I asked, looking up at my mother expectantly.
"Every single second. There's so much I wish I could have said. He was the only man I ever truly loved."
I smiled. "I hope someday I'll have a true love like that."
My mom gripped my hands in hers, a wide smile on her face, eyes aglow.
"You already do, my darling."
"You really think so?" I asked.
"I see it. Severus looks at you as if you're his whole world."
I smiled at that, laughing in happy disbelief. "He's mine just as much."
********
An hour or two later
I returned to our quarters after spending some time with my Mom. I smiled just thinking about it.
Things seemed to be falling into place.
As soon as I walked inside, a blindfold covered my eyes.
My heart skipped a beat as I laughed.
"Is this how you greet all guests?"
His voice by my ear made me shiver.
"Just you."
"So, what's the meaning of this, Sev?" I asked, crossing my arms, and tapping my foot. I'm sure I looked pretty humorous.
I heard him wave his wand, and I felt my clothes change. I gripped the fabric in my fingertips, and figured out that it was a dress.
I looked to where I assumed he was standing.
"Care to explain?"
I heard Severus chuckle at my questionings.
"All in due time, Venus."
I groaned, reaching my hands out for him.
"Can I at least kiss you?" I asked, pretending to pout.
I couldn't see him, but I imagined he was raising his eyebrow attractively.
I felt his presence in front of me, and his hands grip my waist, fingertips touching me lightly.
"Indeed."
His lips on mine were full of desire, and I kissed back just as passionately.
I pulled back, breathless.
"Bloody hell." I muttered.
Severus chuckled again. "What's the matter?"
"Nothing, you're just a really great kisser."
I felt his fingers trace my lips.
"Is that so?"
I nodded, speechless by how attractive his actions were.
With that, he kissed me again, confirming my very statement.
*******
"Will you tell me where we're going?" I asked again for the millionth time on our trek.
His arm laced through mine, his hand overtop my own.
"Patience is a foreign term for you, am I correct?"
I rolled my eyes underneath the blindfold. I shut up though, letting him lead me to our destination.
I heard a door creak open, and we walked a bit more. Slowly, Severus let go of my arm, and a feeling came over me. There was silence, and I spoke out.
"Sev?"
No answer.
I reached behind my head, and untied the blindfold. I pulled it off my eyes, gripping it in my fingertips.
I looked around, recognizing the surroundings of the cottage.
Then, my eyes landed on the scene in front of me.
Severus Snape, down on one knee.
I took in a shaky breath.
"Sev..." I trailed off.
He grabbed my hand in his, as he looked up at me, adoration in his eyes.
"If you're wondering, I asked your mother's permission for this. Much in my life has been wrong, but every moment I've shared with you has felt right. I love you, Venus Hastings, and I love our unborn child. I can't fathom a life without you. With that being said, will you do me the honor of sharing the rest of your life with me?"
I was speechless, watching, as he pulled out a ring box, and opened it. The ring shone against the firelight.
"Will you marry me, Venus?"
I smiled, bending down to his level.
I met his eyes, smirking at him a bit.
"I thought you'd never ask." I whispered, holding out my hand.
He smiled, a real, genuine smile, and slid the ring on my finger.
He looked from the ring, up to me.
"I must say, the ring suits you." He teased, helping me to my feet.
I laughed playfully. "As will your last name."
He rose an eyebrow attractively, pulling me closer, without an inch between us.
"Is that so?"
I ran a hand through his hair, my arms settled lightly around his neck.
I rose up to whisper, the word on the tip of my tongue.
"Indeed."
***********
A/N: The epilogue is next, and is also the last chapter of the story. It will be posted tomorrow.