Chapter 11

Two weeks later
Venus' POV
I quietly slid out of Sev's grasp, doing my best not to wake him. I walked into the bathroom, and looked at myself in the mirror.
The disapproval at myself showed in my eyes, and I couldn't bear to look at myself any longer.
My mind flashed back to that day...

A week ago
"Are you certain you don't want me to accompany you?" Sev asked me softly, gripping my hands in his.
I shook my head. "I'll be alright. I'm just meeting my Dad for lunch. I won't be long."
Severus caressed my cheek, before placing a loving kiss on my lips. When we pulled back, I blew him one more kiss before leaving.
I crossed my arms over my chest as I looked back at our house on Spinner's End. I apparated then.
I reappeared in front of her house. I nervously knocked on the door, and tried to smile as the door opened.
She looked shocked to see me, considering the fact it was summer break, and Hogwarts classes weren't in session.
"Madame Pomfrey, I need your help." I said, getting straight to the point.
"Miss Hastings, what could be so dire that you have come to my home, dear?"
I bit my lip nervously, trying to find the words to say.

Absentmindedly, my hand found its way to cover my stomach.
That was the day I found out I was pregnant with Severus' child.
Madame Pomfrey hadn't asked many questions that day, like who the father could be. She just diagnosed me, gave me comfort and advice, and promised to keep it all a secret.
There was no doubt in my mind that I conceived that night at the cottage. It only makes sense. I was supposed to receive my period the day after, and I didn't. After a week of waiting, and it still hadn't arrived, I knew then. Madame Pomfrey was the confirmation I needed. I cursed at my idiocy.
How could I be so stupid as to not protect myself? I was lucky the other times, and this time, I wasn't so lucky.
I felt tears fill my eyes.
I was terrified. I hadn't even completed school, and I was pregnant. How could I be so careless?!
Even worse, I was terrified about what Severus would say. How would I tell him he was going to be a father? And not only that, the father of  a child beared to him by one of his students?
He didn't need this distraction. Not at this point...not at this time. He was a double agent, a spy, dangerously immersing himself every day for the greater good. This could be seen as his weakness, and that was the last thing I wanted for him.
I took a shaky breath, as I pulled myself together, exiting the bathroom.
I furrowed my eyebrows as I noticed Severus awake, and dressing himself.
"What's going on?" I asked, as I greedily watched him.
"Albus has requested our presence at Grimmauld Place."
I nodded in understanding. I waved my hand, and I was dressed in a simple dress, not too dressy and not too casual. I threw my hair up into a messy ponytail, not bothering to apply makeup.
I went to stand next to the Potions Master, and he was smirking down at me.
I rose an eyebrow. "What?"
"Show-off." He teased, amusement evident in his voice.
I rolled my eyes, but gripped his arm as we apparated.
We appeared in front of the house, and instead of knocking, Severus barged right in, pulling me with him.
I snorted at his blatant disregard for propriety, but I could understand his reasoning behind it.
Speaking of his reasoning....
We were met in the hallway by Sirius, who seemed unlike his preppy, flirtatious self.
However, that didn't stop the cold glare he flashed towards Severus, and I didn't miss the growl that Sev let out in his direction. They didn't speak, but they didn't need to. Their actions spoke volumes.
Sirius looked at me, a sad smile lining his lips. I was thoroughly confused.
Before I could ask any questions, Dumbledore appeared in the doorway of the meeting room.
"Miss Hastings, Severus, come in."
We did so, and the door closed behind us gently. I sat down, with Sev next to me. Dumbledore remained standing at the head of the table, and Sirius sat down in the chair next to where he was standing.
There was a strange tension in the air, and I was feeling on edge because of it.
Finally, Dumbledore spoke.
"Miss Hastings, there is something I must tell you."
My heart started pounding, and almost as an impulse, Severus gripped my hand underneath the table in support.
"I'm sorry to inform you of this dreadful news, Venus, but it involves your father..."
"Professor-" I started, in a whisper.
"Your father was murdered. He's gone, Venus."
**********
A/N: sorry for the wait. I hope this chapter made up for it, because as you can see, a couple big things happened.
So, comment, vote!
-Hannah x