It Doesn't Matter || Jung Hoseok

Jung Hoseok's POV

I was at our dance room, practising for our new routine for our upcoming concert.

Today was our day off but i decided to practice instead. I would really want to perfect this new routine and show an awesome performance for our AMRYS.

The others? Well, Suga-hyung was sleeping at our dorm. Rap Monster and Jungkook were recording a new song. Jin-hyung was out with a friend. Jimin-ssi and V-ssi were out somwhere together.

After dancing to our new routine and five of our other songs, i took a break. I leaned against the mirror and sat down.

"I'm getting old." i said while panting heavily.

Then, my phone rang indicating that i recieved a message. When i took it and have a look, my eyes went wide opened.

I immediately stood up, grabbed all my stuffs and ran back to the dorm.

"Aish! What's that noise?" said Suga coming out of his room.

"Sorry Hyung. I'm just looking for my jacket." i explained.

"Where are you going? Didn't you just left to go practise?"

I didn't replied. I just kept on looking for my freaking jacket.

"Aish! Is it today? Have fun." said Suga lazily as he looked for his way to the kitchen.

"Got it!" i said with a smile.

I smelled the jacket and smiled. Oh how i missed that scent.

Afterwards, i just grabbed my phone, earphones and wallet then left.

Few minutes later...

I sat on an area near the Dongho Bridge and took out my phone to make a video call. I was waiting for the other person on the line to pick up and moments later she answered.

"Jagiya! Happy 3rd Anniversary!" i happily screamed.

She chuckled by my sudden scream and said "Happy Anniversary Hobie."

Then, we started talking about our day. I told her that i was just dancing as usual. She told me that she just woke up and was about to get ready for the day.

Suddenly, there was silence between us and we just stared at each other. I gave her a faint smile and said "I miss you Jagi... Please come back soon." 

I saw the sadness in her eyes but she brushed it off with a smile. 

"No worries! I'll be back as soon as you know it!" She then gave me that huge smile of hers that i always love and a thumbs up.

"Hey, i have to go. I have a long day ahead of me."

"Oh... Alright, i understand." i said.

"But i'm not gonna leave without giving you your present!" she said with excitement.

"Really? What is it?" i said with curiosity.

Next thing i knew, she sent me a file.

"Open it and you'll find out. I have to go now. I'll call you later! I love you!"

"Alright, i love you too."

With that, the call ended.

I sat there for a moment, looking at the file she sent me. When i pressed it, it was a recording.

"Hi love." I heard (Y/N) voice.

"Today is our 3rd anniversary and i'm really happy that we've gone this far despite us being apart."

I smiled. Just hearing her voice makes me smile like crazy.

"I know that this may not be the best anniversary gift but i really hope that you would like it. This song is dedicated to you."

After she said those words, a song started to play.

I tried to recall what that song was then it hit me. It was Love Note by Ailee. Instead of hearing Ailee's voice, it was (Y/N).

I was taken a back. I knew that she sings but i've never heard her sang like this. Usually, she would either sing silently or like a mad person.

This, this was different. It made my heart melt and my stomach felt butterflies.

I turned the volume up so that i could only hear her voice.

Her voice was so angelic, so beautiful. I could just listen to it all day.

I stood up from where i was sitting and walked while i was still listening to her voice.

As i walked and listened, i remembered all our memories together for the passed three years. They were all happy memories. Memories that were meant to be kept forever.

When the song ended, she added "Saranghae Jung Hoseok."

I stood there completely overjoyed.

Right from that moment, i knew that she would be the girl i would marry.

It doesn't matter if we were thousand miles apart. It doesn't matter if i didn't get to hold her in my arms and tell her face-to-face that i love her.

You know what matters? What matters the most is that i love her and she loves me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! :) I hope you enjoy this J-hope one shot. Sorry for the delay, i was out of town. When i came back, school started and i was super busy T.T

Do click on the video to watch the lyrics of Love Note by Ailee.

As always, stay tuned! ;)