The Pain || Park Jimin

"I'm sorry Jimin... But you and I can't be together no more.."

Those words pierced me right through the heart. To this day, i could still remember how she broke off our relationship.

It was through the phone, and it was really unexpected. I thought our relationship was going so well, but little did i knew, she was seeing someone else.

For the next few months, i was not myself. I stopped doing what i loved. Dancing, singing... It was total disaster for me. The other members tried to make me feel better.

Jin hyung made me my favourite meal. Suga hyung tired having a heart-to-heart conversation with me. Hobbie hyung invited me to his Hope On The Street. Moni hyung invited me to walk around with him. V asked me to go hang out with him. Jungkook even tried treating me better.

But it didn't helped me get better. I was at my lowest point in life. I really thought that we would last but i was so wrong. How could i be so blind? Why didn't i saw the signs? Why did i believed in her beautiful lies?

I did everything i could to get over her. I threw everything that reminded me of her. Our photos, my clothes that she wore, the gifts she gave me, everything. I just needed to forget.

I even went back to my hometown Busan. I stayed with my family for a week just to erase the memory of her. But in the middle of the day, i would remember her. Her cute smile, her beautiful eyes, her long straight hair. Even her scent still lingers.

My family asked about her and i just smiled back. Just by the looks on my face, they already knew what it meant.

When i came back from my short break, the other members still didn't gave up on me. They made me go on blind dates in case i might spark an interest on someone. I agreed to their idea even though i knew it won't help. 

I went on numerous blind dates but none aroused my interest. Don't get me wrong, they were all beautiful, but there were just no feelings. Maybe because i was still in sorrow and was still thinking of her.

Four years has passed and here i was at a karaoke bar with two of my high school classmates. The others were busy so i invited them instead.

We were singing all the popular songs that were on the song book. Of course, for me, i sang all Big Bang's songs.

"Bang! Bang! Bang!" i sang while doing the point dance.

We sang and danced around like we were in our teenage years. Oh, how i want to go back to those years when we were free from responsibilities and worries.

It was almost dawn and my friends had to leave. I told them that I'd stay behind and thanked them for keeping me company. 

I sat there at the sofa, staring at the ceiling. The silence made me think about my life and how i got to this position. What i meant was, how i got to do the things i love to do. I guess I'm one of those lucky ones huh? Thinking about my hardships made me feel sad, but the thought of the outcome of it, it makes me smile. All those struggles were worth it.

Suddenly, I thought about her. I'm not hurt anymore. I've moved on but of course, I still care for her. I hope she's doing fine and achieving her dreams. I wish her every success and happiness. I smiled knowing that I didn't have a heavy heart anymore. I took the microphone to sing one final song.

I sang all my heart out. I chose one of our songs in our The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever album, Butterfly (Prologue Remix). The lyrics did not reflect how I felt but the beat spoke to me.

After I sang, I felt so much better. This was the start of my new life.

That was it for that day. I took my coat and bid my farewells to the staffs and thanked them for their hospitality and service. As I stepped out of the door, I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Ah! Mianhae!"

I looked at the person who bumped me. When I saw her face, I blushed.

"Oh! That's alright." I replied.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking at where I was going." she said with a low bow.

"Really it's fine. Please." I gestured her to stand and gave her a smile.

She smiled back before saying "I'll be on my way now."

As she walked off, I called out for her "Hey! May I know your name?"

She turned around and gave me smile "I was told not to talk to strangers."

I chuckled at her respond "Alright! I'll see you around then."

"Maybe." she said with a smile then made her way.

I just shook my head while I had a smile drawn on my face. When I looked down on my feet, I saw a blue notebook that had butterfly designs on it. I picked it up and opened the front page.

"(Y/Full/N)."

I smiled once more. I guess I'll be seeing her again.