Love At First Sight || Jeon Jungkook

Jungkook's POV

"One minute left..."

I stared at the clock hanging in the middle of the classroom with wide eyes. I don't know why but it had become a habit of mine. When i stare at something for so long, my eyes just widens. That's how i got the nickname "JungShook".

This week was exhausting. I had a test every single day for each subject. To make matters worst, i had to submit 2 projects this week which was only given to us last week! Aish, the life of a student.

Today is Friday, that means the torment would finally be over!

Three seconds left!

"3...2...1..."

"Time is up. Please stop writing and put down your pen." announced our Chemistry teacher.

Every student in the room let out a huge sigh. It was obvious that we were all tired and drained out.

Once our teacher collected our papers, she dismissed us.

"Hey Jungkook! Let's celebrate!" said Mingyu.

"Yeah! There's a restaurant that recently opened nearby! Let's try it out!" said Yugyeom excitedly.

"Ah... I don't know guys. I still have some schoolwork to do." I said while i scratch the back of my head.

Mingyu and Yugyeom suddenly put their arms around my shoulder and whispered "We will go bowling with you afterwards."

"Okay, let's go!" I immediately took my bag and headed for the door.

Time Skip

"What should i get? Oh, i like that one. No, i ate that the other day. Maybe that one? Nah, i always eat that in school! Ohh! That one! No..."

"Hey Jungkook! Have you made up your mind?"

My thoughts were disturbed by Mingyu shouting in my ear.

"Aish! That hurts!"

"Sorry dude. So, what are you getting?"

"Uhm.. I'm not sure."

Then, Yugyeom came to my rescue. "No worries. I'll pick one for you."

"Yeah, sure."

We waited for our meal for a few minutes then it was given to us while it was steaming and sizzling.

"Woah!" Both me and Mingyu exclaimed.

"Amazing right? Let's sit by the window." said Yugyeom as he lead us to the other side of the restaurant. Mingyu and I followed behind like two little ducklings following their mother.

Once we took our seats, we started talking about our exam while we eat.

"What's the answer for the last question on the multiple choice? I chose D." said Mingyu with his mouth full.

"No man! The answer was C!" exclaimed Yugyeom.

"No, it's D!"

I just chuckled as they argued. They were always like that. They would debate on the smallest thing and would never end up agreeing with each other's point of view. I was always the bystander, listening to their nonsense.

As they continued their bickering, I smelled something sweet in the air. In an instant, I knew it was a perfume. My curiosity got the best of me, who was using that perfume? I looked around the restaurant, but most of the people were near the entrance so the scent wouldn't have reached this far back.

Then, my eyes fell on this young lady just opposite our table. Her back was facing us, but I could tell she was stunning.

Her hair flowed down so casually and beautifully. I moved to the side for a bit to get a better view of her. I was right, she was hands-down gorgeous. Her eyes shine as bright as the stars in the dark sky. When she smiled, i knew my heart skipped a beat. Her smile was so sweet, sweet as an angel.

What is this feeling? Is this what they call love at first sight?

Just then, her friend pointed at me and she turned her head to look at me. I immediately turned my attention to somewhere else. For sure she saw me staring at her.

Embarrassed, i scratch the back of my head and blushed.

"Hey Jungkook. You okay?" asked Yugyeom.

"Huh? Yeah, of course." i replied.

As time goes by, i was just sitting there not eating my food and was just staring at her. She was like a walking art, so beautiful, so mesmerising.

"Hey Jungkook, you still want to go bowling later?" asked Mingyu.

I took my eyes off of the girl and looked at Mingyu. "Yeah, sure. I'll call the centre later for an advance booking."

When i looked at the table opposite us again, they were gone. She was gone!

I stood up from my seat and run outside.

"Jungkook, where are you going?" shouted Yugyeom.

I didn't answered back. Once i got outside, i looked from left to right for her. She was nowhere to be seen.

As i was about to go inside, i was stopped by someone.

"Hey!"

I turned back and saw her there standing in front of me.

"Why were you staring at me?" she asked in a demanding tone.

I just stood there with flushed face.

"I-i... wasn't.."

"Come on, you were caught red handed. If you weren't staring at me, you wouldn't have ran out here."

Damn, she's smart. We stood there in silence for a moment. Her arms were crossed in front of her. From the looks on her face, she really wanted an answer.

"Can i get your number?" i asked loudly.

I could feel my face burning. I was so embarrassed! This is my first time asking a girl for her number!

"Hahahaha!" she laughed. "Are you serious?"

I just nodded my head, still flustered.

She took out a pen and a paper, write something down and handed it to me.

"Next time, don't stare. It makes you look like a creep." she then winked at me before leaving me there dumbfounded.

When i looked down at the paper, her number was written down and the word "creep".

I chuckled. Guess what people say is true. Love at first sight could make you really look stupid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please forgive me for the super late delay! It's really hard to find a spare time when you're a senior highschool student xP

Hope you guys like this one! Stay tuned for the next one. :)